Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 07:30 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,064,026 times

Advertisements

Ending qualified immunity would have resulted in a three hour long detour to the nearest donut shop, return to the station and a report that he was unable to locate the perp or the victim. No cop in their right mind would ever get involved in anything that could potentially result in a physical confrontation and a subsequent bankrupting lawsuit from Crump&Co with the burden of proof now being on the lynch mob proving they’ll burn down the city beyond reasonable doubt instead of prosecution proving defendant’s guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Just look at Minneapolis if you want to see a preview of what happens when cops stand down - nonstop shootings, robberies and carjackings in what used to be a pretty decent place to live just a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
The other BLM founder was out there today saying that it was frightening that a police officer would shoot a girl in Ohio who was about to plunge a knife into another young girl. Teenage knife fights have been happening since forever, don't ya know - no big deal. And, according to her, the police have no role in interfering. In other words, cop was supposed to mind his business. Wonder how ending qualified immunity would have influenced this outcome? Lunacy.

Last edited by bigfatdude; 04-21-2021 at 07:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 07:32 PM

16,359 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
No he should have waited for the mental health counselor to arrive.
I thought this was serious at first.

It's sad a 16 year old girl died. The cop I guess saved the girl who was getting stabbed. Sad story all around.

Something similar happened in cohasset ma to a young man who was stabbing a date he met on tinder:

Pretty sue this didn't even make national news and it's somewhat of a more interesting story.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:47 PM

Well, according to the current crop of “leaders” that’s exactly what he should have done, and if it was an urgent matter he should have jumped on the knife and made sure it got lodged between his ribs so the assailant could not pull it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I thought this was serious at first.

It's sad a 16 year old girl died. The cop I guess saved the girl who was getting stabbed. Sad story all around.

Something similar happened in cohasset ma to a young man who was stabbing a date he met on tinder:

Pretty sue this didn't even make national news and it's somewhat of a more interesting story.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:04 PM

I mean stories like this are difficult. No one wants to hear of kids getting shot by police. Unfortunately some kids these days are pretty bad.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:25 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,663,898 times
Yeah, mainly because lots of parents are really bad.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:43 AM

That’s what happens when kids are turned into human ATMs in exchange for votes.

Quote:

Old 04-22-2021, 06:37 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Ending qualified immunity would have resulted in a three hour long detour to the nearest donut shop, return to the station and a report that he was unable to locate the perp or the victim.
The calls to ‘end qualified immunity’ from what I’ve seen are largely entities like the ACLU and lawmakers asking for the courts to deny QA in cases of clear misconduct, regardless of whether there is prior opinion or not. Within this reality the cop in Ohio would be A-okay as it’s not misconduct to shoot an individual assaulting a third party with a knife. Also not a great look booting a third party in the kidneys as LEOs roll up.

BML can make noise over this and undermine their credibility in doing so, but city leadership has been reasonably measured in response to this incident and Columbus PD is acting with good transparency understanding the optics of the situation.

Calls for reform are ultimately asking for accountability so dirtbags like Chauvin don’t apply unnecessary force and/or civilians have recourse against grossly negligent LEOs. I don’t think any reasonable person can critique Columbus PD’s accountability on this incident so far.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:29 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Dude, this IS what racial profiling is.
Racial profiling isn't cops waking up thinking "I am going to harass a bunch bigblackdudes"; is cops seeing a black man, and thinking "there are many black criminals, this guy is black so he is probably a criminal".
That's big part of the reason why racial profiling affects mostly young black men and not old black women.

Even if you can follow the reasoning, it is very much wrong. Of course the vast majority of young black men are not criminals and while a cop may see no harm in what he/she does (stopping an innocent for no reason) that is literally the core issue that explain the mistrust toward cops that down affects 50% of Americans...1 in 2 Americans (not black Americans, Americans) trust cops "some to nothing" if you don't see a problem in this....

Old 04-22-2021, 07:51 AM

It's a slippery slope - you start with sh*tbags like Chauvin but next thing you know every cop who struggles with a resisting perp is dragged to court. ACLU is first and foremost sleazy dirtbag lawyers who want money and this will be a gold mine 100 times deeper than the ambulance-chasing industry. And, needless to say, none of them live in places that will go down the toilet overnight if this insanity is actually implemented and cops stop arresting anyone who doesn't go peacefully.

Also like I said earlier, we need to end it for judges before we even think about ending it for cops. They need to be held responsible for their excessive heartbleeds that result in violent recidivist criminals getting released and re-offending over and over again because everyone deserves at least 37746743 second chances. Honorable Raymond Dougan alone has probably caused hundreds of deaths over his illustrious career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
The calls to ‘end qualified immunity’ from what I’ve seen are largely entities like the ACLU and lawmakers asking for the courts to deny QA in cases of clear misconduct, regardless of whether there is prior opinion or not. Within this reality the cop in Ohio would be A-okay as it’s not misconduct to shoot an individual assaulting a third party with a knife. Also not a great look booting a third party in the kidneys as LEOs roll up.

BML can make noise over this and undermine their credibility in doing so, but city leadership has been reasonably measured in response to this incident and Columbus PD is acting with good transparency understanding the optics of the situation.

Calls for reform are ultimately asking for accountability so dirtbags like Chauvin don’t apply unnecessary force and/or civilians have recourse against grossly negligent LEOs. I don’t think any reasonable person can critique Columbus PD’s accountability on this incident so far.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:53 AM

Default re

Quote:
There are bad parents out there for sure. There are also good parents who can end up with bad kids too. Or kids who make bad mistakes and get themselves killed in drunk driving accidents. There's been quite a few of those lately in the MA and NH. That's what scares me the most when i think of my own kids. I'm pretty confident i wont have kids who are running the streets with guns or stabbing people but alcohol scares me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston