Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 10:27 AM

2,364 posts, read 1,853,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Breitbart and Tucker Carlson attempted play the "poorly handled, but not criminal" narrative from the very start ... Tucker kept to the narrative through the guilty verdict. In the interim, they kicked up lots of dirt which attempted to discredit Floyd as a victim.

That's not condemnation. As we got closer to a verdict, BFD's rhetoric (or whatever alias he's using these days) more or less captured the sentiment of the Twitter-sphere. Floyd was not a victim of Chauvin, just a low rent drug addict already on a terminal course. Pathetic really.
I thought I remembered like 3 days of "heartfelt sympathies" from most of the mainstream right before the narrative started to turn. Maybe that was being too generous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 10:29 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Breitbart and Tucker Carlson attempted play the "poorly handled, but not criminal" narrative from the very start ... Tucker kept to the narrative through the guilty verdict. In the interim, they kicked up lots of dirt which attempted to discredit Floyd as a victim.

That's not condemnation. As we got closer to a verdict, BFD's rhetoric (or whatever alias he's using these days) more or less captured the sentiment of the Twitter-sphere. Floyd was not a victim of Chauvin, just a low rent drug addict already on a terminal course. Pathetic really.
Were they wrong? I mean sometimes the truth hurts. He was not on a good path. End of story. He didn't deserve to die but what kind of life was he really living?

Also the majority of people, companies, organizations you name it have HEAVILY stood with Floyd making him appear to be a saint and Chauvin the devil so why are you so bothered by Bretibart and Tucker Carlson's opinions?

Old 05-11-2021, 01:35 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
He was not on a good path. End of story. He didn't deserve to die but what kind of life was he really living?
So I assume you think that when you murder someone your punishment should be related to the "value" of the person you killed. You kill Jeff Bezos, life in prison. You kill a homeless guy, slap on the wrist is more than enough.

The trail is about Chauvin killing Floyd. That's it, it's 1,000% irrelevant if Floyd was a saint or had just been released from prison.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:49 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
So I assume you think that when you murder someone your punishment should be related to the "value" of the person you killed. You kill Jeff Bezos, life in prison. You kill a homeless guy, slap on the wrist is more than enough.

The trail is about Chauvin killing Floyd. That's it, it's 1,000% irrelevant if Floyd was a saint or had just been released from prison.
I didn't say that and I understand what the trial was about. My only point was that for the past year we've been hearing about the tragic loss of life within George Floyd when other people continue to be murdered day in and day out in cold blood.

I also wouldn't want to hear about Jeff Bezos every day for the next year if he were killed. I mean a revolution has taken place this WHOLE past year because of the George Floyd murder. Maaaaybe some of it had to do with people being at home more than ever before with not as much to do...but it has become ridiculous.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:55 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,853,038 times
Quote:
I didn't say that and I understand what the trial was about. My only point was that for the past year we've been hearing about the tragic loss of life within George Floyd when other people continue to be murdered day in and day out in cold blood.

I also wouldn't want to hear about Jeff Bezos every day for the next year if he were killed. I mean a revolution has taken place this WHOLE past year because of the George Floyd murder. Maaaaybe some of it had to do with people being at home more than ever before with not as much to do...but it has become ridiculous.
For real lol yea I get it was a cop so that makes it worse, but how much worse?

https://www.al.com/news/2020/09/we-m...crossfire.html

Quote:
The funeral for a 71-year-old woman fatally shot in her Birmingham neighborhood will be held today and the pastor who will be eulogizing her said he doesn’t want her death to be in vain.

Javanna Cotton “Midge” Owens was killed Sunday, Sept. 13, while walking down the street in the Harris Homes community. She was a widow, a mother, a grandmother to three and a great grandmother to eight.

She also is one of four people over the age of 55 killed in Birmingham in the past two weeks, and among 11 so far this year.

Is this case bad enough to get global attention? Probably not.

How about this one?

https://abc7.com/children-stabbed-ki...seda/10505464/

Quote:
3 children, each under age 5, found stabbed to death in Reseda; mother arrested in Central California

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...we/7244592002/

Quote:
Metro police on Thursday announced they had charged a 23-year-old man with criminal homicide in the shooting death of a 3-year-old child caught in crossfire in North Nashville earlier this week.
Will her family receieve $27 million settlement on top of a guilty verdict ? They will be lucky to get the guilty verdict!

Old 05-12-2021, 10:19 AM

In case anyone hasnt seen this:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/05/...dufW8Pp5LMGuHo

Old 05-13-2021, 09:16 AM

Welp julia mejia thinks that hot asphalt in certain neighborhoods contributes to violence and that it's the job of the police to cool it down. good lord...where do these people come from?

Defund the police...refrigerate the streets.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:49 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,118,146 times
Have you ever touched the street in Weston? Perfect temp every time

Old 05-13-2021, 01:44 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,045 times
Quote:
We are not doing any harm.
Picture of a guy doing a wheelie on a public road without an helmet. lol

Also, most of those dirt paths are made for foot traffic, even without wheelies and obnoxious or criminal behavior that kind of off-road is damaging to the park because it's going to destroy the paths turning them in mud-pools at every rain.

Almost like there are reasons why it's not allowed.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:56 PM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
I posted this a few pages back, I think. It essentially glosses over the illegality piece of all of it and also ignores the fact that there have been many, many incidents of intimidation (I've witnessed some) and at least few incidents that have actually turned violent. Quite different from "We're not doing anything wrong."

I don't disagree that illegal ATV/Dirtbike use is common all over the state. The problem is that the density of people, cars, buildings, etc. as well as the size of these groups here in Boston makes it a different story. It's far more likely that someone (especially a bystander and not a rider) is going to be seriously injured or killed in the city than in a state forest or some leafy 'burb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston