Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 03:36 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Isn't Chick Fil-A anti gay? I thought I had heard Boston didn't want a chick fil A because of that.

There's a chick fil a in plymouth, hanover and Brockton. They're not that great IMO. I am not into the waffle fries at all and the one chicken sandwich i got there once seemed dry, had no mayo on it.
There's another one in Attleboro that opened 2 years or so again. I can't stand them. They are all over Florida and the South. When I go back to visit Attleboro Im not thrilled to see them in Mass. I've never understood the popularity of CFA. It seems to be more of a follow the crowd popularity. Nothing special about their food that's for sure. I never would of imagined Boston would issue a permit for one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 03:42 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
There are In-n-Out locations in the Salt Lake City and Denver areas.
There are distribution centers in Phoenix, Draper UT, and Colorado Springs. Those serves the stores. In and Out keeps their distribution center within a day's drive (10-11 hours) of the patty making facilities. The DC's are then kept within a 300 mile drive.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:52 PM

16,408 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Whatever I like both Mayo and aioli and fail to see a huge difference other than flavorings.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:58 PM

17,740 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Fried chicken and waffle fries aren't healthy. Once in a while ok.
You can order grilled nuggets and fruit.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:21 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960
A search shows a Globe article and local news stations with coverage of this supposed opening. Of course, still no Chick-Fil-A store exits in Boston, and Dedham is the closest location to Boston, a couple of miles from the city line.

More like a couple hundred feet from. In between you have the Job Lot store and parking lot, a storage place, then a car wash which is in the city of Boston. I will bet you there are more customers from Boston than Dedham patronizing that location, yet Dedham gets all the tax revenue. I don't like talking about Menino now that he's dead, and there was a lot to like about the guy (I still miss him in some ways). But he could honestly be quite the goofball, and made some notorious blunders along the way. This was one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Also Chick-Fil- A chicken is above the fray in regards to other chains/fast foods. Not that it's gourmet but it is a level up in terms of quality IMO. Never mind service or sides. It's like how Chipotle is a level up in terms of ingredient quality from Qdoba.

Yeah this. LMAO at all the pretentiousness on this forum. Like any of these posters would never be caught eating "fast food". Face it we all do once in a while, and CFA is absolutely a notch above McDonalds/Wendy's/KFC and the like. In EVERY way imaginable. Nobody is forcing you to eat at any of them, but BRING on the choices. Boston absolutely has room for another fast food chicken sandwich chain, and this one will up the bar in most peoples' opinion.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:32 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,342,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I bet they taste great, fresh food in these places is typically top notch

Old 08-25-2021, 07:40 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post

ONCE AGAIN. We are not talking about slaughtering a chicken and picking fresh vegetables from the garden. We are talking about being in the Back Bay, and having 10 minutes to grab a reasonably priced lunch and get back to the office. Or spending the day in town with a couple of fussy kids. Will it be Wendy's or Chic-fil-a? Oh wait, I guess now it's Wendy's or Mickey Ds...

Old 08-25-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
I haven't tried them but I've heard that the grilled nuggets are really good. They're not pressed scraps like the nuggets at some places. It's just a chicken breast cut in smaller pieces.

And I doubt there's any problem with the fruit. Chick-fil-A isn't a junk place. The food is good. Seriously.

Their Chocolate Chunk Cookies are pretty damn good. I didn't mention them earlier because our Big Mac loving friend, msRB311, was looking for healthy food.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
What would you consider critical mass on chicken joints in an area? Just pulling up DoorDash to get a list, the specialized chicken joints within a few miles of Back Bay include It's Just Wings, Wings Over Boston, Conviction Chicken, TKK Fried Chicken, Chicken Wing Co, Sticky Wings, WoW Wings, Wingz, The Flying Chicken, Wingz & Tingz, Tyga Bites, and I gave up listing after that because you get the idea.
Several of the new chicken places on Doordash aren't actual restaurants. They're rebranded. Marketing schemes. For example, I believe Conviction Chicken is actually Chili's. Not sure of the names but I think Applebees and TGI Fridays are doing the same thing.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:37 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Several of the new chicken places on Doordash aren't actual restaurants. They're rebranded. Marketing schemes. For example, I believe Conviction Chicken is actually Chili's. Not sure of the names but I think Applebees and TGI Fridays are doing the same thing.
It's a brand from TGI Friday's. Many chain restaurants are creating these sub-brands to get around the preconceived notions consumers have about their main brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston