Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 12:40 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,035 times

Advertisements

A lot more empty insults and slogans but still no numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wow. You far righters are truly messed up. You think cutting a check means more than donating very valuable time and professional expertise? What a truly lacking morals person you are. Not that it is a surprise, BigFatBgt. If I had to calculate, probably about 20% of my production I've donated over the last two years, maybe a bit more.

No one is being generous with "someone else's money", rightwinger. If I game a system through bribery to change laws to siphon more money to myself, it isn't "my money". It is money I've taken from people that actually did the work to create the value.

Hey, but maybe some billionaires can donate a few million to a good cause. That makes them peaches.

Keep holding on to those pearls and promoting fiscally and morally irresponsible and wasteful spending over there.

And they're in tents on Mass and Cass and not contributing to society? Sure.

Your anecdotal example is just another reason drugs should be decriminalized. Some people can still function with them. It isn't "illegal" for rich people anyway. Only the poor (mostly people of color) get targeted for prosecution. And, eliminating the black market trade and mark up will reduce the byproduct petty crime (theft, etc) by users and the larger scale gang violence out of it.

Stop wasting money on "solutions" that don't help. The war on drugs failed. It only exists to make money for select groups (plenty legal groups, plenty not) and does NOTHING to reduce use. Anyone that promotes cracking down on the drug trade even more is simply promoting throwing taxpayer money away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 12:54 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
If there was that easy or obvious of a solution it would be happening.

Old 11-16-2021, 12:55 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
A lot more empty insults and slogans but still no numbers...
Except I did provide numbers. Not my fault you don't understand them.

But hey, I don't play games per the rules of BigFatBgots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If there was that easy or obvious of a solution it would be happening.
Not when those in power and in control both profit from the status quo and and are insulated from the results.

It is obvious that doing more and more of the same that has gotten us this worsening situation is not the solution. Remember the classic definition of insanity?

Old 11-16-2021, 01:00 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
"probably about 20% of my production" is not a number (not expecting you to understand that obviously).

Old 11-16-2021, 01:01 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
is Wu anti-tent? She wants to clean it up but they don't want to leave. Eventually she'll learn her ideas are gibberish. They're going nowhere.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:05 PM

I asked you to show that you lead by example and tell everyone how much of your earnings you have given away, not what you do with your free time when you're bored. So shall we try again or should everyone assume you're nothing but a typical do as I say empty slogan bag of hot air?

Quote:

But hey, I don't play games per the rules of BigFatBgots.

Not when those in power and in control both profit from the status quo and and are insulated from the results.

It is obvious that doing more and more of the same that has gotten us this worsening situation is not the solution. Remember the classic definition of insanity?

Last edited by WestieWhitie; 11-16-2021 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-16-2021, 01:11 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Wow. You far righters are truly messed up. You think cutting a check means more than donating very valuable time and professional expertise? What a truly lacking morals person you are. Not that it is a surprise, BigFatBgt. If I had to calculate, probably about 20% of my production I've donated over the last two years, maybe a bit more.

No one is being generous with "someone else's money", rightwinger. If I game a system through bribery to change laws to siphon more money to myself, it isn't "my money". It is money I've taken from people that actually did the work to create the value.

Hey, but maybe some billionaires can donate a few million to a good cause. That makes them peaches.

Keep holding on to those pearls and promoting fiscally and morally irresponsible and wasteful spending over there.

And they're in tents on Mass and Cass and not contributing to society? Sure.

Your anecdotal example is just another reason drugs should be decriminalized. Some people can still function with them. It isn't "illegal" for rich people anyway. Only the poor (mostly people of color) get targeted for prosecution. And, eliminating the black market trade and mark up will reduce the byproduct petty crime (theft, etc) by users and the larger scale gang violence out of it.

Stop wasting money on "solutions" that don't help. The war on drugs failed. It only exists to make money for select groups (plenty legal groups, plenty not) and does NOTHING to reduce use. Anyone that promotes cracking down on the drug trade even more is simply promoting throwing taxpayer money away.
Anecdotal....didn't see that coming I said I have a list. People with money very often have druggie kids or are themselves. But, keep going. They can just buy their way out of incarceration. One of the prettiest girls I've ever met was a heroin addict. Oh wait, more anecdotal.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:17 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anecdotal....didn't see that coming I said I have a list. People with money very often have druggie kids or are themselves. But, keep going. They can just buy their way out of incarceration. One of the prettiest girls I've ever met was a heroin addict. Oh wait, more anecdotal.
Sure they do. I have no idea what your point is (it certainly doesn't counter my previous statement that our economic structure and wealth disparity and lack of social mobility contributes to the problem at all). And yes, with our screwed up legal system (not a "justice system") rich people or even upper middle class people do buy their way out of incarceration.

And yes, that is all anecdotal. It really just shows you how crazily ineffective our "war on drugs" is and has been.

It seems I'm considerably more fiscally conservative than most of the right wingers on this forum (not surprisingly, since the right wing has soundly rejected fiscal conservatism since at least Reagan). I don't like spending more and more money on worse results. I like value for taxpayer spending.

Old 11-16-2021, 04:56 PM

Comrade, you keep demanding others pay more in taxes while you haven't told us how much you have voluntarily paid on top of what is needed - is this the usual case of wanting to have all those who have more than you taxed into oblivion until no one has more than you?

Also on the subject of all those fatcat CEOs you want sent straight to the gas chamber - they do get paid obscene amounts for sure but taking their entire paycheck and handing it out to workers will result in between $50 and $1,000 per worker per year in most cases. Let's say you're the lucky one who can get $1,000 - what do you prefer, 7-10% annual stock market returns and no $1,000 because it's spent on high-performing CEOs, or $1,000 and 0% stock market returns because no one is going to run companies for free?

Quote:
Sure they do. I have no idea what your point is (it certainly doesn't counter my previous statement that our economic structure and wealth disparity and lack of social mobility contributes to the problem at all). And yes, with our screwed up legal system (not a "justice system") rich people or even upper middle class people do buy their way out of incarceration.

And yes, that is all anecdotal. It really just shows you how crazily ineffective our "war on drugs" is and has been.

It seems I'm considerably more fiscally conservative than most of the right wingers on this forum (not surprisingly, since the right wing has soundly rejected fiscal conservatism since at least Reagan). I don't like spending more and more money on worse results. I like value for taxpayer spending.

Last edited by WestieWhitie; 11-16-2021 at 05:31 PM..

Old 11-17-2021, 12:39 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
https://whdh.com/news/wu-says-city-p...ss-encampment/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston