Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 09:32 AM

3,146 posts, read 2,068,497 times

Advertisements

I think Sam's gets away with it mostly because is in the "business expense" district
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 09:35 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,288,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
You're rich bro, we know this. We get it. You've told us this a few times over the years. I'm sure it's delicious. If I come up in April,I'm contacting you for a sandwich...
I'm not the one buying hundreds of sandwiches a day from them. You guys all like to act like I'm single-handedly propping up the high cost of living here, yet I'm but one of tens of thousands living here, thousands of whom are substantially wealthier than either of us.

The difference is I don't complain about the prices. I knew what the cost would be going in and I still did. If I didn't, there'd just be someone else to take my place in line to keep on propping the price up.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
OK glad it's not just me. But it's like BPD has given up on the more petty stuff, which as we have seen in other cities is often the precursor to a larger breakdown. As far as litter, the streets might look OK but it seems the T is dirtier than ever (based on the couple of times I ridden it recently).
Yeah, It's not just you. It's also another person who moved out of Boston a long time ago and visits too.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:22 AM

4,967 posts, read 2,548,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I think Sam's gets away with it mostly because is in the "business expense" district
Yeah, well there are few good alternatives and there are too many followers in this town who don't vote with their feet or their mouths. This also forms the basis of similar issues.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:35 AM

23,087 posts, read 18,235,422 times
Quote:
Yeah, It's not just you. It's also another person who moved out of Boston a long time ago and visits too.

Buddy I'm probably in Boston 6 days a week...

Old 03-24-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Buddy I'm probably in Boston 6 days a week...
I'm surprised you haven't been gunned down, or turned into a LQBTDEM in this PC Warzone yet. 6 days is a lot.

Anwhooo. back to the topic at hand.
I think It's a dumb idea and clearly serves as seat for one of her buddies who got an expensive degree in gender studies.

Last edited by GeePee; 03-24-2022 at 12:03 PM..

Old 03-24-2022, 12:33 PM

23,087 posts, read 18,235,422 times
Quote:
I'm surprised you haven't been gunned down, or turned into a LQBTDEM in this PC Warzone yet. 6 days is a lot.

Anwhooo. back to the topic at hand.
I think It's a dumb idea and clearly serves as seat for one of her buddies who got an expensive degree in gender studies.
I honestly don't know what you are trying to accomplish with that. I never said Boston is a war zone right now, you need to realize the subtle things often serve as a warning in what's to come. In NYC at the beginning of the DiBlasio era, people like you were similarly dismissive before that city went totally down the drain. You gotta nip the small stuff in the bud before things become unmanageable. Creating a new bureaucracy to "advance" a demographic that is not disadvantaged by any objective measures, shows very poor judgment on her part when there are far more pressing needs going on.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:24 PM

21,428 posts, read 12,419,220 times
Quote:
That’s how you get perspective

Old 03-24-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't know what you are trying to accomplish with that. I never said Boston is a war zone right now, you need to realize the subtle things often serve as a warning in what's to come. In NYC at the beginning of the DiBlasio era, people like you were similarly dismissive before that city went totally down the drain. You gotta nip the small stuff in the bud before things become unmanageable. Creating a new bureaucracy to "advance" a demographic that is not disadvantaged by any objective measures, shows very poor judgment on her part when there are far more pressing needs going on.
I know buddy. I'm just clowning a little. I know you're a seemingly smart person and am just having a little fun.
I just am optimistic that this place has more checks and balances to not let it turn into complete crap. But I have been wrong before. Many times in fact.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
That’s how you get perspective
I appreciate your perspective. But sometimes the nuances of daily life in current times get a little fogged when you're just a visitor is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston