Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2023, 03:28 PM

15,951 posts, read 7,012,752 times

Advertisements

We have not driven into Boston for an event since the pandemic. Yup, we are homebodies.

I have booked a parking spot at the Lafayette Garage though Park Whiz, a service provider. I would rather not download their app into my phone. Instead I printed a code they sent me via email that I am to scan upon entering and leaving.

If anyone is familiar with this, can you tell me if this, a printed copy rather than waving my phone, would work? I am supposed to do this while entering and leaving. I would hate to be stranded.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 06:36 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times
I presume you are going to the Opera House. The machines work well with the barcodes on paper or phone and during the exiting process, the have people at the gates assisting people.

A suggestion - upon entering, go down a level, turn left, and back into a spot as close to the ramp as you can. It'll save you time when leaving.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:52 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
We have not driven into Boston for an event since the pandemic. Yup, we are homebodies.

I have booked a parking spot at the Lafayette Garage though Park Whiz, a service provider. I would rather not download their app into my phone. Instead I printed a code they sent me via email that I am to scan upon entering and leaving.

If anyone is familiar with this, can you tell me if this, a printed copy rather than waving my phone, would work? I am supposed to do this while entering and leaving. I would hate to be stranded.
Thank you.
The printout should be fine. In fact, the scanners tend to have an easier time reading the code on paper rather than off of a screen (sometimes screens dim automatically, especially in dark places like parking garages, and make it hard to scan). The only potential issue I could see is the barcode being too large for the scanner to scan all of it (i.e. the code takes up the entire width of an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper). The scanners are designed to read codes printed on credit card size paper tickets or your phone screen, so if the code you printed would fit on your phone screen or a credit card, you should have no issue. If you do have an issue, there should be people who can assist - either right there at the gate or by pressing the assistance button.

Old 03-10-2023, 03:31 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,015,219 times
The print out will be totally fine. I will say I've used Park Whiz a few times and I had a problem once where I booked parking and sometime between booking the parking and the date of the event the parking company ended their relationship with Park Whiz. No one told me until I showed up. Luckily, I was able to still park my car but I did have to pay for parking again. I reached out to Park Whiz afterwards and they refunded me.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:12 PM

Thank you everyone. It was easy peasy. I wish it had been warmer so we could have walked around. It was very nice to be back in the city. Getting out and on to 93 was also quite simple.

But driving at night out of Boston is a nightmarish. The car lights have become too bright, too big, and all high beam all the time.

We were there for Hamilton. The Opera House was PACKED. Have never seen anything like this kind of crowd in a theater. The show was excellent but not the original, no. I saw the original only on screen, Disney channel I think. King George was a little too whiny and too nasal. My favorite pieces were not rendered like they should have been. But altogether it was quite a wonderful performance.

Old 03-11-2023, 08:34 AM

We’re there or the Emerson for all the shows. Hamilton a few weeks ago was packed as was Six. We usually arrive around 6 PM in order to get dinner and that worked fine for Hamilton.

Old 03-11-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
We’re there or the Emerson for all the shows. Hamilton a few weeks ago was packed as was Six. We usually arrive around 6 PM in order to get dinner and that worked fine for Hamilton.
What are your fav. places to get dinner? I am looking for places that have vegetarian options.

We have previously gotten season tickets mostly for Calderwood pavillion. There are some great restaurants there. We got matinee ticket and got dinner after. Time to go back again!

Old 03-11-2023, 04:17 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,554,287 times
I found that the underground Post Office Square Garage was among the cheapest on Saturdays when I last had to go into town in the fall. No app required as you could pay via CC at a machine in the lobby.

Old 03-12-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What are your fav. places to get dinner? I am looking for places that have vegetarian options.

We have previously gotten season tickets mostly for Calderwood pavillion. There are some great restaurants there. We got matinee ticket and got dinner after. Time to go back again!
I can't give you an vegetarian options as I don't look for that but we've gone to Fajitas and Ritas, The Back Deck, Cafe Nero for a quick meal. But we often wind up at the restaurant in the Hyatt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston