Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:02 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,809,353 times

Advertisements

I don't know but maybe it's just me. Generally I would like to see a fair amount of people live in cities since I'm used to lower populated area.

If you think the boston/providence area is packed by all means try shanghai and beijing.

TRAFFIC STANDOFF IN CHINA , You first please - YouTube

Yeah traffic in mass can be bad but it isn't nearly on the same scale as other places in the country let alone the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Sunlight View Post
So true. Only substitute "North Jersey" for Boston in my case, and you pretty much are dead on accurate.
You could take this and substitute the location anywhere these days...

Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
shouldnt move somewhere just to have better chances at a serious relationship, likely u'll run into the same problems
I find location to be a bit overrated this days--at the beginning of dating; with the internet, technology, and easy access to travel modes, I find it less important when starting.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:08 PM

118 posts, read 298,948 times
Boston has more females than males, so that is always a good thing, there are plenty of women out there for everyone.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:48 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
Being male, I agree with Enquiring Minds from the perspective of my personal interest. However, I checked back to the beginning of this thread. It appears that the OP is female. I have a sneaking suspicion she'd disagree that the ratio is a plus in Boston's dating scene. Just a hunch, mind you.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 AM

374 posts, read 654,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Looking at your location, I've gotta ask whether you've moved to Jackson from Boston, or spent much time in Boston. By spending time I mean many, many visits and/or a number of extended visits, enough time here to really get to know the place. Sounds as if you're stereotyping, painting with a broad brush as they say, and may not really know Boston so well. If I'm guessing incorrectly, my apologies, but then I'd be curious to read about some of your observations that led to these conclusions. There are enough people around here so you'll find all kinds of people to one degree or another. It's not really so accurate to say you won't find any at all of this or that kind of person here.
The Guy is right about the ladies and the perception of men in regards to statuesque women. Boston has been trending to shorter people. As an a side the nation-wide trend for women marrying men shorter than them has been on the rise. However, 5'3" women in Boston are SHORT. However, they are becoming the norm around here. A look at things such as the Framingham study will show over the 50 years as women trended from taller to shorter.

They seem to be in the dominant position. A 5'10 guy seems more likely to be dating a 5'3" woman than a 5'9" woman.

The cape cod house thing seems sort of true. There are WAY too many over priced "done-up" such houses near me for sale. I can't stand them. I find them to be inefficient in space utilization and bland in looks.

Bill

Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post

Lived in Boston for 7 years, but hardly a Bostonian. Enough time to see a whole lot of provincial behavior - "New England is the best", yadda yadda.
Insular? Visit other towns in Massachusetts. Anyways, the "Bostonians" has been a reference to gay people. Older Townspeople never referred to themselves as Bostonians.

Bill

Old 03-27-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
If it weren't for this "crap, racist town", we'd still be under British rule.

You're welcome.
Obviously, you did not notice the problem which lead to Busing? Or the issues involved in implementing busing? To pretend that these people did not engage in horrible acts smacks of something.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston