Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 PM

8 posts, read 31,810 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I'm Nicolas, I'm new here, I come from France. At this moment, I live in Keene (N.H) and this week-end I have to go to N.Y., so I will take a train in South station in Boston this thursday evening.
My idea it's to park my car near Beacon Street or Kenmore, I'v seen many parking there and no much expensive (but I'm not sure), after I will take the "T" to go to south station. I will come back to Boston the sunday evening.

Is it a good idea or do you have an other easier solution ?
In your opinion, what is a good price for a parking ?

Many Thanks

Nicolas (Sorry for my englsih)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 02:11 PM

284 posts, read 1,165,169 times
Parking in Kenmore is not a good idea, it's extremely expensive because it's near Fenway Park, where the Red Sox play, perhaps the most expensive place to park in the whole city! Many parking spots on the side streets are for residents only also.

If you really want to save money, I suggest taking a bus from Keene to Boston, do not drive. Here are some buses: New Hampshire Charter Bus Service - NewHampshire.com (http://www.newhampshire.com/transportation/nh-bus-service.aspx - broken link)

If you have to drive to Boston, I recommend driving to a town just outside of the city and taking the train into South Station where you can board your train to NY. Other members can probably provide you with some recommendations for suburban towns to park in.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:54 PM

9,966 posts, read 15,570,327 times
Did you have a specific reason for taking the train from Boston? From Keene, wouldn't it be easier to take the train to NYC from Vermont?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 AM

In fact I have already bought my ticket by website when I was in France. I didn't knew what station I could take so I have choosen Boston. I can't take a bus to go to Boston because I work until 3:30p.m and I have to be in Boston at 6:45p.m. I have not enough time...
So I think my only solution it's to find a parking but I don't know what parking is public, private, expensive, cheap, etc.

Thank you for your respond

Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,894 times
you'll have to park privately, anywhere you park 3-4 days publicly would need a permit...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 AM

Ok and I have an other question about parking. We have to pay before or after ? It's maybe a stupid question but I don't want to be surprise when I will be in Boston

Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM

605 posts, read 2,378,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolanipepsi View Post
Ok and I have an other question about parking. We have to pay before or after ? It's maybe a stupid question but I don't want to be surprise when I will be in Boston
If you happen to be travelling at the weekend the The Garage at Post Office Square (Google them - they have a website) is close to South Station, is safe and secure and has a cheap weekend rate ($9 per day I think) that will bring the cost of your parking right down. I think many places in the area routinely charge anywhere in the $20-30 region per day otherwise.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM

yes this parking seems to be a good choice for me ! I have seen the website and I think I will pay 36$ so it's great, less expensive than I had planed.
Thank you very much

Nicolas

Old 07-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Hi everybody

I send this message only to confirm that I paid 36$ for 4 days so "The Garage at Post Office Square" is a very good place to park a car (week-end and events like 4th July). And very closed to South Station, 5-10 minuts of walking.

Thank you again tonrob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston