Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:24 PM

74 posts, read 267,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAnalyst View Post
So, I recently moved up here for school from Atlanta. The summer and fall were both gorgeous... perfect times to walk around the city, go biking and hiking in VT, and lie in the park on sunny afternoons with a book or a game.

Now it's cold. My wall thermometer says that it's 28 degrees outside! What do people do in the winter in Boston? Any suggestions? There are always the old standbys:

1) Drink.
2) Museums.
3) Shows.

Anything else?
Hello!

No Much!
- I usually started getting depressed at 3:30 PM when the daylight is gone!
-Get Home and stay on the TV or Computer until 10:30 PM.
-Wake-up one hour earlier just to clear and clean my car from the snow!
-And just eat more than Summer times! (LOL)

That's why this is my last Week in Boston! I love this city and always will! But not in the Winter times!!!!

(just kidding!!!! I will bet you can find many indoor cool things to do in Boston!

Welcome to Boston!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,665 times
Check meetup.com and meetin.org for an endless list of fun social events. You can fill your social calendar very quickly with those two sites.

Zero Cool

Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM

702 posts, read 3,004,692 times
I haven't been but you can go swimming in Coco Key, an indoor water park in Danvers.

Boston Indoor Water Park Hotel & Water Resort | Boston | CoCo Key Water Resort

I actually enjoy the great outdoors. Hiking and/or cross country skiing are great in the winter, with no crowds and just peace quiet and tranquility. There's also tubing down the hill in some of the ski resorts.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM

6 posts, read 20,313 times
Just wanted to offer a huge "Thank you!" to everyone who gave suggestions (particularly the long answer by CityGirl52)! We've bookmarked this thread and will definitely refer to it more as the year continues to get colder and colder. (First snow of the year today...)

A couple more ideas to people from warmer climates who balk at the idea of wandering around in the cold:

1) Indoor rock climbing (MetroRock is great!)
2) Board games @ coffee shops (semi-social way to get out of the house.)

We're still struggling with it right now... too many days end up with us only leaving the house to eat out. Even though it's a great way to "feel" active (since driving around and looking for parking often consumes an entire afternoon), we can already see the impact on our diets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston