Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,554 times

Advertisements

I am bound by a 1 year lease until August 31, 2009. My roommate situation has hit rock bottom, I am constantly being emotionally abused, I dread coming home every day, and I am absolutely miserable. I am graduating college May 17, and would like for someone else to take my place beginning June 1. Under the terms of my lease, I am not allowed to sublet without permission from my landlord. While I know this roommate situation is not a valid reason for leaving in terms of the law, I need a reason to persuade my landlord to let me go.

I have written a letter requesting permission, however I have not yet sent it. I'm not sure if I should find a willing tenant and then present my request to assign the lease to this person, or if I should ask first, then look. It is not a privately owned building, but the whole street is owned by a certain realty company. I want to fib and cite a change in jobs as a reason for leaving. I want to tell them I'm beginning a full time job after school is over somewhere inaccessible by the MBTA. Can I do this? Or do you have better suggestions for me?

Here is what I have written so far, I am not sure what else I need to include:

I hereby request your permission to assign the lease of the above premises dated May 22, 2008, effective June 1, 2009 for the remainder of the term created by the lease. This request is being made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the lease.
I will be graduating on May 17, 2009 and have been hired for a full-time job outside of the city, further than I am both physically and financially able to commute using the MBTA. I would be pleased to help search for an assignee if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM

24 posts, read 106,822 times
Are you planning on producing a fake hiring letter to go with your lie? Or even better, what happens when you take a new apt around the corner and they call for a reference?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmzaxa View Post
Are you planning on producing a fake hiring letter to go with your lie? Or even better, what happens when you take a new apt around the corner and they call for a reference?
Well, you see, this is why I asked for suggestions. I don't know much about these things, hence why I came here for advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston