Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 PM

27 posts, read 135,650 times

Advertisements

Hey, lived a little outside the city for 2 years and want to move closer. Planning on getting a place with a co-worker/friend. Looking, among other places at back bay. We could probably afford up to $3000/month for a place but I want to limit it to $2500. I know back bay is expensive compared to alot of places so is $2500 going to get me a nice place? What square footage and amenities can I expect for that price? Looking at some ads it seems it will but there's only so much you can tell from thumbnails. Meeting with a realtor soon to check out some places but thought I might get a response here.

Also, both of us will need our cars for work (outside the city). Is there any alternatives to street parking in the area. I've heard of some deals with parking garages that have deals where you're out by 8 and in after 5 or something. They have that in back bay?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 01:28 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,555,237 times
whats all the desire to live in back bay? its nice but I think there are better/more affordable alternatives, especially if you work outside the city. and parking in backbay is a nightmare.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,406,501 times
Smile Fenway

Have you considered the Fenway area as well? Around the ballpark? Some nice places around there as well

--JD--
Winchester, MA

Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,769 times
i currently live in the back by and pay 1300 a month for a one bedroom, approx. 700 sq. feet. the apartment feels cramped, but the location DEFINITELY makes up for it. i think that with 2500, you and your roommate can live comfortably.i went to city hall and got a back bay parking sticker for my car; i have never had a problem with finding a place to park on the street, although sometimes i have to park it a few blocks from my apartment. if you are not interested in going the parking sticker route, craigslist always has people looking to rent parking spaces for 100-200 per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: