Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,418 times

Advertisements

Gdya All... Im moving form Sydney Australia to Boston as i have to take up a project in Stratham ,NH for a year.

As im used to city Living i have decided to move to Boston the closest city to NH.
Ive got a couple of questions about Boston as for one ive never lived /visted the east Coast .

1. How long would it take to drive from Boston to Stratham NH

Is the traffic really bad as i am travelling in the opp direction to most ppl

2. Where would you recomend me to live in Close to the City or Driving /public transport distance close to city

4.What would i have to pay in rent in the Area , i pay for a 1 bed room appt in sydeny US $ 1200.

Are there places which have furnished appartments ?

5.Other than rent what other high expenses are there in Boston

Whats the decent place to get info on Boston Life ,living driving ,

ive checked living in NH but its very suburban not what im used to in Sydney

Cheers all ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 06:47 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
You might want to ask this question on the New Hampshire forum, too. The diving from Boston to Stratham would be well over an hour. Did you visit Portsmouth yet? It's a very nice small city with a lot of charm.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,019 times
You'd be going the opposite way. It's a good 55 to 60 miles one way. Are you sure you want to do that every day? You'd be defeating the purpose. I live on the seacoast of NH not too far from Stratham at all and I commuted the other way for years in to Boston. I took the commuter rail though from Newburyport, MA.

That's a town that you might want to consider. You'd love Newburyport I think as an alternative to Portsmouth. I think it's charming, funky and quite hip as far as pubs, restaurants and bistros are concerned. It's right over the border in Massachusetts and only about 20 minutes if that to get to Stratham from there. It's expensive to live, but so isn't Boston. This way if you live in Newburyport, you'd have the best of both worlds. You can get down to Boston in no time and up to Stratham in even less time. I think you should check it out, in fact, I think you'd like it here more than Portsmouth. Go to this site to see about it:

www.newburyportchamber.org

Good luck and enjoy working in Stratham, that's going to be wonderful for you. I personally think that you'll really enjoy living in Newburyport if you pick that town, you should check it out. You'll definitely have the best of both worlds that way too. You can always get down to Boston in no time from there, if that's where you really want to be. I am going there in a few hours as a matter of fact, it's a hop skip and a jump away from the seacoast of NH and Newburyport!

The winter months can be pretty brutal commuting. That's why living in the Newburyport area might be better for you with the snow storms that you will most likely get. After all, it's New England and we get hit with them; every year one way or another!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 04-01-2007 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: typo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston