Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,512 times

Advertisements

I am going to be transferring to Boston Logan Airport and have never been to Boston before. I am only going to rent a room from someone to begin with and am not sure what areas to look in. I don't want to drive into the airport everyday, I want to take the public transportation. I am just trying to find some good advice....Please help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,297,142 times
as far as public transportation goes, you have two choices for getting to Logan: taking the shuttle from the Airport stop on the Blue Line (which I believe is free) or taking the Silver Line from South Station. if you go w/ the Silver Line, you should look at places to live along the Red line. depending on your budget and what you're looking for in a neighborhood in terms of amenities, you have a few options including South Boston, parts of Dorchester, and Cambridge.

if you want to take the shuttle from the Airport stop, you should look at places off the Blue Line in East Boston, Revere, etc. all of these areas vary when it comes to prices, safety, and amenities, so you'll need to provide more info on these for anyone to help you narrow down the search more

Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,400,280 times
Thumbs up Look into Winthrop

I'd suggest Winthrop , has bus service to and from the Orient heights "T" stop on the blue line
lots of recreation , and services in town and nearby in Revere and Lynn

There's a cab co. Viking Cab co. that you can get anywhere from Winthrop-Winthrop for $2.50 flat rate
and maybe a bit more $5 to the "T" Stop?

Wihthrop would have a good variety of apartment options, some of which might be near or on the beach. Just get a 2nd or 3rd story apartment, in case a storm comes you wouldn't want your stuff washed away in a coastal flood if you're right on the beach

Winthrop is also driving distance (short drive) to Chelsea for the employee lot for the airport where you can take the #77 free employee shuttle to the terminal

other options might be one of the communities in the suburbs near the Logan Express bus terminals, around
Peabody (North Shore), Woburn (metro North), Framingham (Metro West) and Braintree (Metro South)
(Logan express terminates at these locations)
Many times the airlines, and logan airport companies offer logan express discount books available to commute on the busses.
The logan express busses have park and ride lots

I still think Winthrop might be what you are looking for

Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston