Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,231,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Don't worry summer will be here by 4th of July and then gone by end of August. We will be looking at cold and snow soon enough. I've said the real seasons here run...summer (July 1st to Sept 1st), fall (Sept 2nd-Nov 1st), Winter (Nov 2nd-April 1st), and Spring (April 2nd - June 30th).

I was in Texas recently and it was in the high 90's and I can say it wasn't that bad. Its not as humid as it is here when it is in the 90's here. The same as the Carolinas, the 90's there isn't as bad. I'll take more summer over more winter anyways.

I'm in Texas now, and it's 103 EVERY DAY. It's horrible. I can't stand to be outside for more than 10 minutes. Embrace your rain & overcast-ness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,768,214 times
Every few years, Boston gets a cool summer rather than a very hot one. I can recall the summer of 2000 was very cool as well and there was at least one more summer between then and now that was cool but I can't remember which one. Then sometimes we get unusually mild winters too.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,176 times
My parents are complaining too. I'm sick of it. I tell them it could be so much worse. Go move to the southwest or deep south, no thanks. I'll take mild rainy weather any day. As for summer beginning on july first and ending on september first? Really?! It is usually hot warm and sunny all the way till october. People would be complaining if it was 95 and humid the whole month of june. I can hear my dad right now, "I cahnt ramembah a june wheyah it was so F****** hot!" He'll be complaining that the grass is all "burnt up" in a few weeks or so! Too funny... Thats New England(ers) for you!!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,563 times
Default rain rain rain no a/c or sprinklers needed

I guess we're in a pattern.. Hey look at it this way... save on a/c and water bills for sprinklers.. Lawns are full and nice... Less people out.. and the dirt is washed off the roads and down the gutters.. The warm weather will be upon us soon enough...

Old 07-02-2009, 12:52 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,872 times
I'm a summer person and i'll take the longer summer over cold winters anyday. I don't complain when its 90, only when its cold. This weather is getting depressing though. We will basically have 1, maybe 2 months of summer max.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:13 PM

19 posts, read 106,885 times
How you guys liking the weather so far.... ???!!? I'd rather take 100+ every day and sunny than this.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Don't worry summer will be here by 4th of July and then gone by end of August. We will be looking at cold and snow soon enough. I've said the real seasons here run...summer (July 1st to Sept 1st), fall (Sept 2nd-Nov 1st), Winter (Nov 2nd-April 1st), and Spring (April 2nd - June 30th). .
I like that LM. Mostly exactly right except I think fall definitely lasts to about mid december. I used to walk down columbus ave and see these four trees that held on to their leaves way longer than all the others.

Quote:
I was in Texas recently and it was in the high 90's and I can say it wasn't that bad.
It's worse. It's fine visiting from a cool city. If you are stuck here, it is like a Boston winter. It's a godsend any day where it only hits 90. We've only has one day lower than 90 since summer began and we still have 3 months of summer yet to come!

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c6a07f00ebffc8ccbff58db5ab5ad5506g.jpg (broken link)

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c6a07f00ebffc8ccbff58db5ab5ad5506g.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,231,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyD View Post
How you guys liking the weather so far.... ???!!? I'd rather take 100+ every day and sunny than this.
Have you been in 100+ degree weather every day for several weeks at a time? (I ask because I would have said the same thing a year ago)

Believe me, I HATE rainy weather. I hate the cold. But this (102+ every day)... this is the worst weather ever. I haven't been outside for more than 10 minutes in several weeks. It's unbearable.

I'm sure I'll eat my words when I'm shovelling out my car this winter, but I can't wait to move back to Boston.

At least when it's cold out, you can bundle up. Here, you can only take off so many clothes!

Last edited by readymade; 07-04-2009 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 02:14 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
well, I'm in Boston now and it's GORGEOUS outside! can't beat it! of course, people will find a way to complain about it somehow, like franklin42 so aptly put it! it was a tough start, but as usual, it gets better (you know what they say about the weather, right? wait a while and it will change!)

stop complaining folks and go out and enjoy! or move the heck out of New England already! the fact that NE gets 4 seasons and that it rains here isn't a big secret. some may hate it, but I love it (actually kind of miss it, though IL isn't too dissimilar)

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM

140 posts, read 323,014 times
I guess there's always room to complain. I moved from the south and the humidity was overwhelming. So far despite the cloudy days I like it here. The people have been great, not overly friendly as in the south but that is just fine with me, even better perhaps, no fake greetings, etc. I have yet to see winter though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston