Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 PM

9 posts, read 108,309 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to move from California. We've used craigslist.org a lot to find places to live but I'm not sure if that's the best place to look for apartments in Boston. Are the newspapers any good or any other websites?

Any tips for us moving out to the East Coast for the first time and not having been to Boston much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 AM

702 posts, read 3,009,939 times
You should check out boston.com's real estate section.
http://www.boston.com/realestate/?p1=GN_RE

Not sure where you are from in California, but if you are on the coast, then you should prepare for the winters here. Other than that, enjoy the cultural richness of the east coast. Good luck.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:29 PM

5 posts, read 67,874 times
Craigslist is a good place to look. Other than that I suggest getting a subscription the Boston Sunday Globe. It has tons of listings as well as other very helpful sections. I wouldn't bother with the regular daily subscription.

Pretty much if you live in the city of boston (Which has several communites) you can get around almost everywhere on the MBTA (MBTA.com > Official Website for Greater Boston's Public Transportation System) The transit system is reliable and depending on where you live you could have access to multiple bus/train routes. The "T" (which is what we call the mbta for short) fares are getting crazy though. Right now we have a Charlie card system and when you use your card the bus fare is $1.25 If you pay cash on board however, the fare is $1.50 Basically when you pay cash you will pay more than the regular fare...DAMN MBTA BASTARDS!! But you can load money onto your Charlie Card on the buses.

Winters are winters...nothing crazy. Sometimes it's really cold, sometimes it's mild. Nothing extreme. Go to the cityofboston.gov website and you will get helpful information there as well as the public library website Boston Public Library Home Page Everywhere in Boston is pretty much pricey as far as housing. The average rent for a 1bed is $1100/mth. If you want more info let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: