U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM

16 posts, read 74,983 times

Advertisements

What's the shortest, quickest way to get from the Boston Commons area to Logan that doesn't involve taking a cab? I'll have my daughter with me, but no car seat so a car isn't an option.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 PM

6,025 posts, read 14,696,625 times
2 options:

-take the red line from Park St (either the Ashmont or the Braintree train works) to South Station. then take the Silver Line to the Airport

-walk to the State St. stop (around the large Borders), take the blue line to the Airport stop. then take one of the shuttle buses to your terminal

I've done it both ways and I prefer the second option b/c the Silver Line can be a bit slow and makes a few stops before heading to the airport. plus, at some point during the ride, the bus stops and idles for a bit as "something" comes down (there's an overhead section, kind of like the trolley system, for part of the ride). the walk to the blue line is a bit further from the Commons though (not too far)

Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM

2,633 posts, read 5,693,644 times
^ I second the second option. The station is a short walk from the northeast corner of the Common. It's a straight shot from there.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,196,563 times
Cool Water shuttle

Why not take the Logan Water shuttle from the Long Wharf for a more enjoyable "Ride" to Logan and views of Boston on the way (A 7 min ride one way)

Enjoy fantastic views of Boston Harbor and the city from enclosed heated and air-conditioned waiting areas. The Massport Route 66 Bus provides free shuttle service between the Logan Dock and all Airport terminals. The following passenger water transportation services operate at Logan Airport:

MBTA Harbor Express
This is a daily, year-round scheduled service between Quincy and Hull on the South Shore, Logan Airport, and Long Wharf in downtown Boston. The vessel service is part of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) system. The service offers the following features:

State-of-the-art high-speed catamaran vessels providing a direct and comfortable ride in heated / air conditioned passenger cabins
Bow-loading vessels that provide wheelchair accessibility
Food and beverage service, and restrooms are available on- board
Advance and bulk ticket purchase available
Service To / From Long Wharf
Seven minutes one way (approximately)
Vessels depart Long Wharf from the dock (located to the north of the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel, and adjacent to Christopher Columbus Park)
Convenient to the Financial District, Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall, Marriott Long Wharf Hotel, State Street, Government Center, and the North End \

You then connect to the 66 Bus --(the Airport Shuttle)(which is free) to the terminals from the ferry dock

Hope this helps!!!

I'm not sure what the price is but I'd imagine around 10-15 Bucks one way -
its worth it though!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston