Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 04:18 PM

544 posts, read 1,467,670 times

Advertisements

Ok, I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I left MA back in 2004 for FL. I got fed up in FL, but didnt think to go back to MA at that time. Instead, I went to Portland OR and was thrilled to be there and even wanted to move there. I personally go for the artsier cities and more culturally diverse places. I didnt get to move there and although it took awhile, I finally realized that the job market there was so bad that the underemployment was rampant along with unemployment. What made me to realize this even better was giving Boston/Cambridge a look.
I totally find that the 2 cities have many similarities with the exception that theres fewer cheaper bars in Boston to get beer. You wont get a pint of beer for $1.75 here lol. Although looking at Bostons employment, you can live with the cheapest being like 3 bucks or so if the cost at the other end is high unemployment and being forced to leave somewhere due to not finding a job.
I crossed the MIT bridge in Boston/Cambridge recently and found a rather plesant area and also around Central Sq. Boston IMO is the place no doubt. Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM

4,884 posts, read 13,775,957 times
You'll find no argument from me More "neighborhood" and less "yuppie" would be a nice switch, though. Too many down-to-earth hangouts have closed, or were made over to attract those with supercharged plastic to throw around who weren't here five years ago and will be gone within the next five. One example in Central Square is the hole-in-the-wall Indian restaurant which gave way two years ago to a "burger joint" that I challenge anyone to get out of w/o dropping ten bucks.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:50 AM

2,712 posts, read 6,085,833 times
There are still a few places to grab a $1.50 pint here in town. Even JJ's downtown has a $2 PBR pint.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM

544 posts, read 1,467,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
There are still a few places to grab a $1.50 pint here in town. Even JJ's downtown has a $2 PBR pint.
Yea if you go to Allston theres some although I havent been to all bars in Boston so..

I think Cambridge is expensive for hangouts often times.

My complaint with Boston though is the parking people are like nazis. It seems like way more people police the parking lots (Allston/Boston) than they do in the streets. Id rather they police the streets and not give me a ****ing towjob.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,227,721 times
The cheapest in my area was a surprising 3 dollars for a pint of Bud at the Eire Pub in Adams Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston