Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 AM

997 posts, read 4,643,282 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me information about this school? We live in Atlanta so i don't have much information. I grew up in MA so that is how I remember this school. My daughter is a junior in high school and wants to go to school for Business with a concentration in Accounting somewhere in the Northeast.

How selective are they in terms of admissions? What do they look for regarding GPA, SAT, ACT etc.

My daughter came across UNH's Whittemore School of Business. Any comparisons?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 PM

3,685 posts, read 7,421,575 times
Bentley, Babson and Bryant are private colleges all known for their excellent business and accounting programs.

The Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst and the Whittemore School at UNH are also excellent possibilities.

All of these programs are extremely competitive, you can find out the latest entrance statistics from the school web sites. I am a UMass alumni and do admissions counseling, I am consistently impressed by the high GPA and SAT scores required to get in to our state university.

2009 Freshman Class
29,452 applicants for a class of 4,124
For those students whose high schools report class rank, the mean high school class rank was top 20%
Middle SAT: Critical Reading 520-630 /Math 540-650
Mean GPA is 3.6 on 4.0 scale

Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 AM

997 posts, read 4,643,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Bentley, Babson and Bryant are private colleges all known for their excellent business and accounting programs.

The Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst and the Whittemore School at UNH are also excellent possibilities.

All of these programs are extremely competitive, you can find out the latest entrance statistics from the school web sites. I am a UMass alumni and do admissions counseling, I am consistently impressed by the high GPA and SAT scores required to get in to our state university.

2009 Freshman Class
29,452 applicants for a class of 4,124
For those students whose high schools report class rank, the mean high school class rank was top 20%
Middle SAT: Critical Reading 520-630 /Math 540-650
Mean GPA is 3.6 on 4.0 scale
Thank you. I don't think she can get in to Babson and UMass is too larger for her. Not a good fit. How would you rank the others Bently, Bryant and UNH. Also when I look at all the business school rankings, UNH doesn't come up at all. The others all do.

Thank you.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 PM

3,685 posts, read 7,421,575 times
I have no knowledge of how those schools would compare to each other. I suspect that UNH for an out of state student is probably close in price to Bryant and Bentley is probably a bit more than that.

I have friends who have attended all 3 schools as well as their siblings and/or children. I can only say that all of them enjoyed their time in college and all have had successful careers in business, tax accounting, marketing, etc.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM

2,941 posts, read 5,180,868 times
Can't help much, but had a roommate in 1984 from Bryant, who worked at the Red Cross as an accountant, just out of college.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 AM

1,126 posts, read 4,561,186 times
Bentley (University..The changed the name in 2008) Alum here for Undergrad, class of 2007, double majored econ and finance. I'd be happy to answer your questions on what it takes academically to get into Bentley and any academic questions you might have if you private message me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston