Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM

2,710 posts, read 6,075,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesPeachy View Post
Thank you! That really puts my mind at ease! I was worried but now feel better. Still sounds stressful but not as bad as I was thinking
You'll also have to watch what side of the street you're parked on during the spring/summer/fall months so you don't get towed due to the street cleaning. But you'll get used to it. It's all part of the fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,207,448 times
I once parked in a spot that someone had saved with MY garbage cans! They left me a nasty note on my car asking me to move my car and replace (again, MY) cans.

HAH!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,126 times
Check out this blog: [url]http://www.sNOwParking.com[/url]

Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,003,761 times
I am ambivalent on the saving-a-space-after 48 hours issue, but I have witnessed the cones/lawn chair phenomenon going on days and even weeks after the storm.

If you're too lazy to have to walk a block or two, then go buy a house in the suburbs with a driveway. The city doesn't owe you a free parking space outside your home.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 955 times
During a snow storm, I spent two hours shoveling my parking space. The next morning, I ran an errand and noticed the parking space I had shoveled had been saved by someone else. I didn't need the parking space at that point, but wanted to point out how this type of practice is abused. I personally think that saving parking spots is rediculous and can't wait for the day that Boston puts a ban on it.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 PM

396 posts, read 921,777 times
LOL.. I gotta chime in on this (we do this crap in Chicago too).

Basically, if the snow is getting to a point where it no longer looks like a fortress around your car, then I stop saving spots. However, as the person above me, sometimes someone either takes a spot I dug out or tries to save it with a trash can or even a road construction hurdle (I dunno where they got that from).

Anyhoo, we typically keep the spot for a couple of days. If the snow melts and people are still saving spots, I basically drive over whatever they put down (sometimes a kids bigwheel or something).

Really, if you need a spot just go ahead and take one. Nobody has the balls to do anything to your car since you pretty much know who is who in the neighborhood.

Its kinda funny.. we had a big snowstorm here a few days ago and a couple of weeks ago but nobody was saving spots... Perhaps we are evolving?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 PM

194 posts, read 1,198,784 times
I wish people would get back to this practice in NYC. Only for a couple days at the most though but coming from someone who digs out there car at 4:30 in the morning to go to work. And as I do the partiers that have been out all night are posted up waiting for me to pull out of my nicely manicured spot. Very aggravating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: