Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 07:16 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,220 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from terminal B to E at Logan international please? Is it a coach?
Looked on the website but info is sparse. Video mentions moving walkways from ?A to E and coming soon for others. No info about how long to allow.
Considering that it's the 12th busiest airport the website is pretty poor unless you want to know about retaurants/shopping and how to get there.

My elderly parents are flying in from UK in March and will have to clear immigration and then get from E to B in an hour and a quarter to fly on to Charlotte with US airways (will probably be late anyway!)
Have asked for wheelchair assistance for my Mother and sometimes this slows things down as takes ages for it to arrive at the plane! She can get off the plane herself and walk shortish distances, but not for more than about 10mins after long haul as she has arthritis.

Thanks for the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,220 times
Can anyone help here please?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,765,155 times
There are connected walkways between each of the terminals but I am not sure if they are equipped with horizontal moving walkways (they might be now, I haven't been to the airport in a while). Either that, or get on the free Massport shuttle bus that runs between each terminal. The bus should be quite frequent as it is a shuttle. I am not sure how long the whole ordeal will take but they just might make it within the hour. Our airport isn't really that big area wise.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,425,935 times
There is a bus that comes by every few minutes that connects all the terminals or you could make the walk in about 12-15 minutes.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
I think the shuttle bus runs about once every fifteen to twenty minutes. Not sure, as it's been some time since I last rode this shuttle. Might come a bit more frequently. Once you're on the bus, it's a matter of only minutes to get from terminal B to terminal E. So, in order to calculate the total time, figure maybe half and hour or thereabouts as the total time spent waiting for the bus and riding between terminals, and then add this to the time for getting through Customs and getting out to the front of the terminal to wait for the bus. It sounds as if they will be cutting things a bit close. But am I correct that you have arranged for wheelchair transport? You may want to double-check on that, to find out whether they will have an attendant with a wheelchair waiting nearby when your parents exit the plane. It would likely be a big help if they did not have to add a wait for a wheelchair to the other stages of getting around the airport.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM

109 posts, read 324,031 times
Have you tried to contact Logan Airport directly customer service?
http://www.massport.com/about/pdf/ADAbroch09.pdf
[LEFT]In Flight, remind your Flight Attendant of the
assistance you will need when you arrive at[/LEFT]
the gate. For additional assistance at the termi
[LEFT]Massport Shuttle Buses are wheelchairlift
equipped and serve all airport terminals at
approximately 10 minute intervals. They also
serve the MBTA Airport Station, Logan Water
Shuttle dock, and Economy Parking. All buses
are equipped with a visual and audio stop
announcement system. Distances from curbside
drop-off areas to airline ticket counters vary from
50 - 200 feet. Curbside Sky Cap services are
available from most airlines.[/LEFT]

[SIZE=6][SIZE=6][SIZE=6]
1-800-23-LOGAN
[LEFT]Public Service Representatives are available
from 7am - 12 Midnight by pressing “0” during the[/LEFT]
message.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 01-23-2010, 09:44 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,130 times
Yes, there are moving walkways in Terminal A.I was there last week. Don't know about E because I don't use that one, but I would assume yes.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 7,217 times
I'm a travel agent. One hour and 15 minutes is not enough time between their internaitonal flight and a domestic US flight. Your parents have to go through the slow foreigner line waiting for passport control and then wait for their luggage to come out on the baggage carousel before they go through US customs with their bags.
I suspect their tickets were purchased as 2 separate ticket on 2 different airlines and their luggage may not have been tagged during checkin in the UK to their final destination in the US. Because they probably are fllying on 2 separate airlines, BA cannot see in their BA computer that your parents are continuing on US Airways and to tag their bags to their US Airway flights. This means they cannot just deposit their bags at the Luggage Recheckin Desk just pass the exit of US Custom. If not they will have to carry all their bags from International Terminal E to the US Airways Departure Checkin Counter Terminal B to checkin and have their bags tagged. One has to checkin at least 30 minutes before a flight or be refuse boarding. Connecting between a international flight to a US domestic flight should always be at least 2 hours if flying on the same airline and more time when flying on 2 different airlines.

Last edited by dusdidt; 03-16-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston