Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 AM

67 posts, read 183,761 times

Advertisements

Hi- Do any of you know of a resonably-priced hotel that would possibly be within walking distance of the House of Blues?
If not within walking distance, I am not counting out the possibility of a taxi, but I am not very familiar with the hotels in that area at all.
Anybody have a recommendation?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,003,761 times
Within walking distance are the Hotel Commonwealth and Buckminister.

The House of Blues is a short walk from the Kenore Square T stop, so there's really no need to be within walking distance (that I can think of? Maybe there is for you).

Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM

2,710 posts, read 6,075,552 times
There is also a Howard Johnson's on Boylston on the other side of Fenway that would be an easy walk.

However, like the previous poster stated, the Kenmore T is just around the corner. It's an easy location to get to from anywhere within the city.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM

67 posts, read 183,761 times
Thanks for the replies! Going to see a "Sublime" cover band there tomorrow night- and the "walking distance" or taxi comes under the guise of having a few drinks there... Know what I mean? LOL
Thanks again for the tips

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM

12,595 posts, read 21,753,315 times
Good suggestions already. Since it's last minute, check out hotwire.com which always provides good value. I just did a quick check and you can get a 3.5 star hotel in the vicinity of the House of Blues for $112. Not a bad deal. That's a better price than the nearly $240 it would cost at Hotel Buckminster and it'll be a nicer hotel than the HoJo.

If you've never used Hotwire, it sells numerous hotel's unbooked rooms at below advertised rates. Because the prices are below advertised rates, you don't get the name of the hotel until AFTER you book. What you DO get is a star rating (1-5), price, and neighborhood. Since you're going to be right next to Fenway (during a Sox homestand, mind you), Back Bay, Copley Square, and Fenway area hotels on Hotwire are all withing Walking, public transit and cheap cab distance of the H.O.B. You could also bid on Priceline. Still, I've trusted hotwire dozens of times and will continue to do so. Give it a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston