Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,269 times

Advertisements

Hey, so I'm thinking of living on Zamora St this summer for a sublease and I'm wondering how safe is the area?

I'll be walking to both
Heath St, and Stony Brook Stations

So I hope that the area is safe any thoughts?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,267,608 times
Others might not agree, but I'd say it should be fine. Perkins Street, off Zamora, is a nice street with easy access to the pond. To the east, near Bromley-Heath and Jackson Square, is a little more iffy. But the immediate Zamora Street area and the area near the Brendan Behan pub is generally OK.

I'm not super-fond of the intersection of South Huntington and Huntington, but I don't think South Huntington is a problem between Perkins and Heath St T.

There is also the 39 bus, closer than either of the T lines.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 PM

3,962 posts, read 5,708,769 times
That area is very popular with young people but just be alert if you are walking at night. South Huntington Avenue is quite busy but the small side streets can become very quiet at night.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM

2,912 posts, read 5,129,458 times
The Zamora St. area seems fine to me, until you mentioned you'll use Stony Brook orange line. At night? I don't care for most of Hyde Square and the Amory-Lamartine area after sunset...although many fine educated people choose to live there. A 14 yo boy was killed this month on the b-ball court next to Jackson T station, in the projects, I think.

I sometimes drive at night through the above areas...never any problems. But I don't care to be there if possible. But Zamora is fine with me.

Lots of hip young folks love JP.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 PM

21 posts, read 81,081 times
as a rule of thumb, the closer you are to brookline the safer you are. I've never been around that part of JP to be honest but I'm familiar with the area around the green st. station, and I think that area should be fine.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,636,826 times
I knew the area near Green Street and Union Ave where you can walk to the Monument area.
At night be cautious. I never ever felt afraid at green street but often would go to forest hills. Only
for better connections for the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston