Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 PM

436 posts, read 954,982 times

Advertisements

I'm going to visit this brewery this coming weekend and am wondering about the nearby neighborhood. Restaurants are the biggest curiosity. The fish pier is close; is it worth it? I don't need anything fancy; just fresh seafood at a decent price.

I wanna try some lobster roll and read reviews of a place called Yankee something or other; is this place any good? I want some seafood at a no-frills and economical price in this area.

Bars with extensive beer lists. Want to try as many Mass/NE micro brews as possible. Any good pubs in this area? If not, where should I go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 AM

793 posts, read 1,454,328 times
Yankee Lobster is very good, and the perfect place for economical seafood. Another option in the area for a Lobster Roll would be James Hook and Company during lunch (James Hook & Company)

If you do want the absolute best Lobster Roll in the city though, you have to try Neptune Oyster in the North End (Neptune Oyster - 63 Salem Street, Boston, MA 02110) It is not cheap ($25) but I personally think its worth it. You have an option of getting it either hot or cold, both ways are good but I am partial to the hot.

As far as beer lists are concerned I would recommend leaving the Seaport area and exploring the city a bit. My personal favorite places for New England craft beers are:

Lord Hobo (Inman Square) Lord Hobo | 92 Hampshire St. Cambridge, MA 02141
The Druid (Inman Square) Druid Pub
American Craft (Brookline) Craft Beer Bars and Bottle Shop | Boston

Closer to your area:

Bukowski Tavern: Bukowski Tavern - Boston, MA
Jacob Wirth (Theatre District) Jacob Wirth :: Beer List

Also if you want a place to drink and change off from Beer to cocktails, you cannot do any better than Drink in Fort Point (Drink). Named one of the best cocktail bars in the world by Esquire Magazine. It is very near the Seaport as well.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 AM

2,954 posts, read 12,310,483 times
You've gotten good info from Cart. I just wanted to point out, in case you weren't aware, that the Seaport area near Harpoon is not really much of a neighborhood in the normal Boston sense of the word. There are a lot of big parking lots mixed in with some newer office buildings and the convention center. Except for Fish Pier, it's kind of a no-mans land until you get closer to A Street and Fort Point Channel. There are some places scattered about, but it's not the kind of place that's much fun to walk around.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:41 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,119,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
Bars with extensive beer lists. Want to try as many Mass/NE micro brews as possible. Any good pubs in this area? If not, where should I go?
There is a new bar that just opened up just down the street from Harpoon called Whiskey Priest. As the name suggests, they have a massive whiskey/scotch selection but they also have ~32 beers on tap. Nice selection of locals brews too. They have a roofdeck up top that over looks the harbor, and the two times I've been there, it's been packed. If you're down there, I'd suggest checking it out.

Aside from that, as others have mentioned, the Seaport is desolate.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,102 times
I would recommend getting to the brewery early around noon to get tickets for a later tour as they usually sell out. Yankee Lobster is a great spot right next door for seafood and they also serve beer. Another great choice is The Barking Crab just down the street closer to downtown. Its right on the water, great vibe and good beer selection. Their "Crab White" is Harpoon's UFO White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston