Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times

Advertisements

"Yes," I just can't wait to get out of this wasteland of a town those FlatIrons are starting to close on in..get me back to some eight lane highways, noise, and heavens it has been a while since I have seen a really fat person. We really do live in our own little sanctimonious hell hole soley contrived to aggitate the rest of the country.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Six years ago my family moved to Boulder, thinking like so many others that it would be a great place to live. On paper, Boulder seemed perfect. Liberal, not too expensive (obviously that depends on where you came from), great scenery, family in Fort Collins.

But in reality, for me, Boulder is far from perfect, in fact, it is the most unfriendly, phony, pretentious, snobby place I have ever lived. I really can't express how much I am looking forward to leaving this so called paradise.

Durango was just like that too, just on a smaller scale. People cannot understand why I dislike Colorado so. I'm happy to get some validation from your post.

While no place is perfect, that is true. Other than the San Luis Valley, Colorado really does not have anything good going for it.

Come to Missouri, my friend. Not perfect but lots, lots better than Colorado.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-17-2010, 02:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,128 times
"Come to Missouri, my friend. Not perfect but lots, lots better than Colorado."

LOL! I just have to thank you for the biggest laugh I've had all week!

Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM

72 posts, read 164,906 times
Default Amusing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post

Talk about giving someone a laugh . . . I do believe your post just validated the OP's point. LOL.

To the OP, congrats on selling your house and I hope you find what you are looking for on the East Coast.

By the way, if ONE place was perfect for everyone it would be a very crowded place indeed. To each their own.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:

Well, your post makes two things very obvious to me.

1. You have never been to Missouri, and

2. High altitude DOES affect your thinking capabilities.

My condolences.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
Quote:

It would be funnier if it wasn't so pathetic...

Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 AM

333 posts, read 810,327 times
Boulder has some serious allergens. I once visited thinking to move there and my eyes just burned and were bloodshot the whole time I was there. Quite a disappointment since I liked many aspects of it. Also, agreeing with whoever said people are friendlier in the smaller outlying cities - I noticed that during my short stay driving around. Longmont was nice.

A thought about rich people. I think subconsciously there's got to be some guilt that they feel or fear that others want to take what they have given how profoundly inequitable our society is. The snobby coldness often noted may be a form of defensiveness more than anything else. And of course the disclaimer....I'm not saying that all rich people feel this way, just a possibility.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprightly View Post
Also, agreeing with whoever said people are friendlier in the smaller outlying cities - I noticed that during my short stay driving around. Longmont was nice.
We appreciate that since we often are maligned for being hicks here because of the farming roots I guess.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
I am confused. You wanted to live in a liberal-progressive, heavily Democrat city, so you moved to Boulder. Now you are dissappointed that people there suck. Meanwhile, now you are moving to Fredrick, MD, where you find people are more friendly and kind. But Fredrick county is fairly right of center, so I am baffled.
In my neck of the woods it's referred to as "Fredneck".

Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM

724 posts, read 1,933,351 times
Well, I have been to Missouri, and I'm glad it fits someone. It sure doesn't hold a candle to Colorado for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area