Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM

56 posts, read 138,569 times

Advertisements

There used to be an Italian restaurant in Louisville called Tony's Place. That was unique to Louisville. This was quite a while ago, so it may not be there anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmps View Post
There used to be an Italian restaurant in Louisville called Tony's Place. That was unique to Louisville. This was quite a while ago, so it may not be there anymore.
That must have been a very long time ago. I have lived in Louisville for 28 years, and I have never heard of Tony's.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:28 PM

131 posts, read 439,872 times
Funny you should mention Italian restaurants. Many years ago we used to go to Louisville just for all the Italian places.

I don't remember any of the names but there was one where the making of the meatballs was out in plain sight by one of the older ladies.

You would never get two meatballs anywhere near the same size but they were the real thing when it came to taste!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
Funny you should mention Italian restaurants. Many years ago we used to go to Louisville just for all the Italian places.

I don't remember any of the names but there was one where the making of the meatballs was out in plain sight by one of the older ladies.

You would never get two meatballs anywhere near the same size but they were the real thing when it came to taste!
The Blue Parrot is still there. Colacci's, Pasquini's and The Parrot II are gone.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 AM

Here is an article about Louisville from today's Boulder Daily Camera.

Louisville blossoms as a Boulder County entertainment destination - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 09-25-2010, 12:10 AM

625 posts, read 1,390,013 times
Hope you've had a good second visit. Where to live in the Front Range, a perennial question.

Areas around Longmont (also Lyons even up to Estes Park) would give you acreage. There also seem to be mountain homes up from Golden. Golden has a nice downtown, though more western touristy than college town. Golden has great access to Denver and will soon have light rail. Just some thoughts.

I liked Fort Collins when I lived there. If you're in Colorado, it's pretty nice. It has the college town atmosphere but is growing into a small city with a nice downtown. Relatively progressive without some of the wackiness of Boulder. Better housing costs, great schools. Not right by the mountains like Boulder, and not part of metro Denver.

Louisville has a cute downtown, not sure I'd eat at restaurants there often, aside from the Italian heritage (was once a mining town with a significant Italian population) it seems pretty middle-American. Louisville is definitely in Boulder's orbit and attracts many who are part of the Boulder economy but want either cheaper housing or a quieter, saner place to live; at the same time its in metro Denver. It's practically joined at the hip to Lafayette, which also has a small(er) downtown. There does certainly seem to be a sense of community in Louisville-Lafayette, but its too quiet for me.

If you don't need to be in metro Denver, you could case your net wider - Salida, for example, but that's a small town.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

56 posts, read 138,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That must have been a very long time ago. I have lived in Louisville for 28 years, and I have never heard of Tony's.
This was in the late 70's. I used to play in a Boulder band and we played at Tony's Place.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
My husband and I have lived in the Boulder area over 20 years and we refer to Louisville as "white bread & mayonnaise" if that gives you any idea of what Louisville is about. Boulder has lost much of its character over the years which is too bad. I am much more conservative than most in Boulder, but that has never been an issue for me. We originally come from the Crested Butte area and love the mountains and are now considering Frisco. Evergreen is very cool! I only know one family there and their only complaint is that they feel too isolated. (The golf course is incredible, too!)

Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi2010 View Post
My husband and I have lived in the Boulder area over 20 years and we refer to Louisville as "white bread & mayonnaise" if that gives you any idea of what Louisville is about. Boulder has lost much of its character over the years which is too bad. I am much more conservative than most in Boulder, but that has never been an issue for me. We originally come from the Crested Butte area and love the mountains and are now considering Frisco. Evergreen is very cool! I only know one family there and their only complaint is that they feel too isolated. (The golf course is incredible, too!)
How very interesting! Suppose you could elaborate on what you mean by "white bread and mayonnaise"? If you say that about Louisville, why do you think Evergreen, which has much the same demographics (though probably even fewer minorities and low-income people) is "cool"?

Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM

625 posts, read 1,390,013 times
I would guess their "white bread" reference is about a more typical suburban feel, not the demographics (all of Boulder is whitebread demographically, excepting Hispanic communities in Lafayette and Longmont). I know Boulder has plenty of forward looking techies and government scientists, but the longer I live here (going on 2 years), the more it feels like "Boulder-tucky". Every time people give me a weird look when I say I miss the coast or like diversity, or they laugh at new ideas, especially those from elsewhere ... admittedly I describe my immediate environment, not the whole community, so ignore my gripes! I just haven't drank the kool-aid, I guess ...

Louisville/Lafayette admittedly do have a community feel and enough open space to differentiate them from the sprawl of Westminster-Broomfield. Evergreen and Frisco are really mountain towns in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area