Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:58 PM

346 posts, read 482,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It cracks me up to think of tiny Louisville, with a population in 1960 of ~ 2000, as having these "neighborhoods". I mean really how much did they cover, a block or two each?
Yep. In small towns in that era, a few blocks is all it took for a neighborhood. Go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM

399 posts, read 816,908 times
Quote:
The license plates office is not the DMV, and you wouldn't be going there on Wednesday or Friday nights anyway, which is when there is a traffic problem in downtown Louisville. To think that Louisville has a traffic problem 24/7 is really laughable.
Lol, I'm well aware it's not the DMV you go to in order to renew your driver's license or obtain one. I just call it the DMV because it's annoying to call it "Louisville's license plate office" instead. Anyone who has lived here for more than 5 years would at least know to either go to Boulder or Longmont for their driver's license renewal (who doesn't want to renew only rather than going and waiting in line lol) or take their driver's permit test (Longmont is so much easier).

Rush hour refers to the time the normal business hour workforce is either driving in or out from work. In this case, the afternoon rush hour is what I'm referring to. I couldn't care less about traffic that occurs downtown when I'm at work since I work the night shift. Louisville is not the first place I would think of in order to have a good time. Boulder comes to mind first if it's about drunk patrons and noisy and annoying parties. I'm sure you've seen the traffic in Louisville Monday through Friday between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. If not, it's something I'm sure daily commuters would rather avoid.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
Lol, I'm well aware it's not the DMV you go to in order to renew your driver's license or obtain one. I just call it the DMV because it's annoying to call it "Louisville's license plate office" instead. Anyone who has lived here for more than 5 years would at least know to either go to Boulder or Longmont for their driver's license renewal (who doesn't want to renew only rather than going and waiting in line lol) or take their driver's permit test (Longmont is so much easier).

Rush hour refers to the time the normal business hour workforce is either driving in or out from work. In this case, the afternoon rush hour is what I'm referring to. I couldn't care less about traffic that occurs downtown when I'm at work since I work the night shift. Louisville is not the first place I would think of in order to have a good time. Boulder comes to mind first if it's about drunk patrons and noisy and annoying parties. I'm sure you've seen the traffic in Louisville Monday through Friday between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. If not, it's something I'm sure daily commuters would rather avoid.
For Pity's Sake, you post as if it were like driving in Chicago or LA in rush hour.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:46 AM

399 posts, read 816,908 times
Quote:
For Pity's Sake, you post as if it were like driving in Chicago or LA in rush hour.
Lol, that's your assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area