Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,377 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your comments.
I'm looking more into Longmont and possibly Loveland

Another question, I'll be starting this job in March. Does anyone know of a place that offers furnished rental houses/apts temporarily? We'll be trying to sell our house here in OK and letting the kids finish school (May) before we actually get more permanent housing and move all our stuff. That'll give me about 2-3 months to explore the area more closely and look for houses. But I'll need a place to stay in the meantime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,151 times
I think Longmont offers most of what you seek in terms of shopping, suburban living etc. You can get into good schools there too, although have to be careful with were exactly in Longmont you want to live. Also, Colorado has Open Enrollment, so you have more options, in general.
If you are thinking along the lines of being closer to other job markets, I would go south of Longmont, not north. If you can find anything in North Boulder in your price range (and there are rare deals for 3 bedroom condo under 300K) in North Boulder or Gunbarrel, you would be a) in one of the best school districts in Colorado, with access to some of the best schools in the country b) closer to Denver, if need be. Yes, Boulder-Denver commute would be a pain (Boulder-Longmont, esp. from North Boulder, wouldn't), but there are plenty of bus routes that go from Boulder to Denver, so overall, it's doable.

As far as furnished, short-term leases, I would check out craigslist.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:03 PM

73 posts, read 190,689 times
Victoria Inn Apartments

The Victoria inn in Longmont has short term rentals that are reasonable...I have had several clients stay there with good success and I believe they take dogs.......Best of luck.
PS. Gunbarrel area is good too, less expensive than Boulder proper but minutes to both Longmont and Boulder with nice trails and many families. Gunbarrel Estates and Heatherwood are neighborhoods that have less expensive homes albeit a bit older.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 AM

39 posts, read 67,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wishner View Post
Victoria Inn Apartments

The Victoria inn in Longmont has short term rentals that are reasonable...I have had several clients stay there with good success and I believe they take dogs.......Best of luck.
PS. Gunbarrel area is good too, less expensive than Boulder proper but minutes to both Longmont and Boulder with nice trails and many families. Gunbarrel Estates and Heatherwood are neighborhoods that have less expensive homes albeit a bit older.
That is true and I too would highly recommend Gunbarrel as well. I lived in OKC for 12 years until 1977 when I moved to Seattle. Just moved into boulder last March.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,356 times
Longmont is a great place to live. If you are looking to purchase, Longmont's medan home price is $225,000 compared to Boulders at over $650,000! Great parks and things to do.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM

13 posts, read 19,156 times
they also have a free rental service that may help wiht what temporary housing you are looking for. Colorado Rentals, Apartments, Condos, and Homes For Rent in Colorado | Housing Helpers

You can select as many areas as you are looking for and whittle away the fluff. If you call, they will take all the info, including that you are looking for furnished apts/rental homes.

Good luck on your ventures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area