Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 PM

57 posts, read 125,718 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I'm going out to Boulder on Wed-Thurs for the first time with my wife. One of my best friends is in a fantastic folk/bluegrass band and they are out here from Michigan playing a few gigs. Here is a link to their gigs page on their website:
Shows - Lindsay Lou & the Flatbellys
They are in CO all this week and I would highly recommend going to see them if you get a chance. First rate musicians an great people all around! Here is a link to a music video also:
Lindsay Lou & the Flatbellys - The Power - YouTube

What I would like to know is what are the best thigs to do in Boulder if you only have one full day. Favorite places to eat, short hiking trails, museums to visit, etc...

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM

724 posts, read 1,934,237 times
Hike around Chautauqua Park, very pretty and an easy thing to do in an hour or so. Wander the Pearl Street Mall to get a feel of Boulder, talk to the vendors, soak up the people. Those will give you broad strokes of the best of Boulder.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Awesome, Thanks a bunch!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM

352 posts, read 797,619 times
More about Pearl Street Mall/Downtown:

Downtown Boulder Inc | Downtown Boulder Business Improvement District

More about Chautauqua Park trails:

OSMP Chautauqua Trailhead

Have Fun, Stay Safe!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,960 times
Eat and stroll the bricks on Pearl St, and walk the Creek Path.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Just got back from our Boulder trip, and it was a lot of fun! We camped about 30 minutes outside of Boulder at the Kelly Dahl campsite, but really were only there long enough to set up our tent and then to sleep. Went into town and hit the Pearl St Mall , whcih was great! Such an eclectic mix of people and everyone was super friendly! Met up with my friend and his band, who all wanted to come hiking, so we hit Chautaucqua park for a hike. I can definitely understand why it is so popular, what a great area! after hiking we went back to the Mall area for their show at the Pearl Street Pub. Great food at the pub also!

Thanks for the suggestions, it really made our short stop in Boulder a huge success!

Brian

Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM

724 posts, read 1,934,237 times
Great to hear it. Cheers!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 PM

352 posts, read 797,619 times
Thanks for reporting back to us. Glad everything went well.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
If you ever get back to Boulder, check out the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art! We just went there a few weeks ago. Most incredible art!

Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art

Love the Pearl Street Mall; wish Colorado Springs would close Tejon to traffic and zap in a ped mall. I am such a dreamer.

Celestial tea is real close to the Leanin' Tree and also a place that makes chocolate!!

Happy Trails!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area