Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,904 times

Advertisements

In Sept. 08 My wife and I will be relocating to Co.
For her it will be the Graduate program @UCB for me it is a chance to get out of Baltimore Md. We have a house we will be selling and would be looking at spending at the most 250,000$ for our new home in Co. We both like the outdoors hiking ,camping ,fishing , you name it. We are hopeing for a home 45min. outside both Denver and Bolder we are done with the city living for a while. But being I work in the IT field I may have to travel into those cities. Our greatest desire is to have a yard for our dog ,a view of the moutains with trails and camping close by.
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,896,114 times
What a coincidence. I just posted this for someone in LA with very similiar circumstances.

"With the exception of USC, it usually seems nice to live near a university environment: positive atmosphere, restaurants, on campus entertainment, music, plays, arts, club sports, student fitness centers, student health centers, clubs (both academic and social), etc. Plus as a student your schedule will probably vary more than your husband. You might have to make appointments with professors, meet other students for study groups and projects, visit the library, work in labs, get copies of academic literature, etc. With that, I'd find a place close to school and let your husband find work a commutable distance from school versus a halfway thing."

So, consider living near the school, for the student's sake.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 PM

106 posts, read 432,373 times
Look at Loveland. I think it would be you're best bet for a house no more than $250K. You can't even find a 1 room cardboard box with stale bum pee in Boulder for that price.

I honestly don't know of any place else that might stand a chance to meet all you're needs. Hopefully someone else knows something I don't (they probably do.).

Old 10-29-2007, 12:18 PM

260 posts, read 1,440,077 times
Actually, try Longmont (to the NorthEast) or Lyons (North, semi-mountainous) or Louisville or Layfayette to the East (suburban, but more affordable).

You could also live in Nederland, if you want to live in the mountains but go to school in Boulder. Nederland is a small mountain town, but could be more reasonable and certainly offers a mountain lifestyle and setting.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,007,853 times
45 min from Denver/Boulder will be the constraint. Lyons/Nederland are more like an hour, minimum to Denver, Loveland is farther. Longmont is close to an hour. I agree with Charles about being close to the university with its resources for the student. If you also want to be close to Denver, look at Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, possibly Broomfield. I think you can find a home in those communities for $250 K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area