Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM

182 posts, read 448,857 times

Advertisements

We are flying into Denver the end of June on our way to Yellowstone and around. Rather than stay in Denver I have read it would be cheaper and nicer to drive from the airport to Boulder for our first night. We will arrive around 11AM so will have plenty of time to stop along the way and get settled for the evening.

Is there anywhere that is family friendly that has reasonable hotels and perhaps restaurants and shopping that is within walking distance to the hotel?

We don't mind driving somewhere but it is fun to be able to walk out of the hotel and have a variety of eating places and maybe some little shops to check out.

Any suggestions for us?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,533 times
Not necessarily cheaper. Not knowing your budget or what "reasonable" means to you, I'll give it a shot.
You'll want to stay downtown near the Pearl Street Mall area. http://www.boulderdowntown.com/
There are a few hotels nearby. Closest is The Hotel Boulderado, a lovely Victorian hotel just a block off the mall. Boulder Hotel, Hotels in Boulder Colorado, Historic Colorado Hotels - Hotel Boulderado
A few others to check out:
Bradley Boulder Inn http://thebradleyboulder.com/
Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites www.qualityinnboulder.com
Boulder University Inn www.boulderuniversityinn.com
On the expensive/luxury end is the St. Julien Boulder Hotels, Colorado Luxury Vacations in Downtown Boulder

Last edited by Neditate; 04-13-2013 at 04:47 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM

182 posts, read 448,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
Not necessarily cheaper. Not knowing your budget or what "reasonable" means to you, I'll give it a shot.
You'll want to stay downtown near the Pearl Street Mall area. Downtown Boulder Inc | Downtown Boulder Business Improvement District
There are a few hotels nearby. Closest is The Hotel Boulderado, a lovely Victorian hotel just a block off the mall. Boulder Hotel, Hotels in Boulder Colorado, Historic Colorado Hotels - Hotel Boulderado
A few others to check out:
Bradley Boulder Inn The Bradley Boulder Inn, Boulder Colorado Bed and Breakfast
Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites www.qualityinnboulder.com
Boulder University Inn www.boulderuniversityinn.com
On the expensive/luxury end is the St. Julien Boulder Hotels, Colorado Luxury Vacations in Downtown Boulder
I guess reasonable is quite varied, lol. When on family vacations we are Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn happy folks and those price lines. We will normally try and maybe stay at a special hotel or historic but tend to spend our money more on the extras like horse back riding, train rides, etc. A lot of snacking and eating at various shops and restaurants.

I will check out the Pearl Street Mall area for sure it seems like I read somewhere it was rated one of the highest areas for its restaurants.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,214,400 times
Neditate gives a good summary. If you don't have to be IN Boulder and want to spend less (Hampton, La Quinta, etc.) check Expedia for Louisville and Broomfield (both right outside Boulder), 3 star motels.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
I have no idea of the rates at this place, but it's on the eastern edge of Boulder, may be less expensive.

Boulder-Days Inn

It's a standard moderate type motel with a neat Polish-American restaurant next to it.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM

5 posts, read 29,013 times
If you want the Boulder experience, with everything in walking distance you should stay near Pearl St. If I were in your position I'd consider the Quality Inn, it's in a nice quiet area (never stayed there though). Hotels in Boulder are either expensive, or there will be something wrong.

For instance, whatever you do, do NOT stay at the Boulder University Inn, this is cheap for a reason. Good location BUT -- Dirty rooms, thin walls, lots of college students and if you're on the bottom floor you will not get any sleep due to people walking overhead. I stayed there, the stress is not worth the savings IMO. I've heard that the Broker Inn is also one to avoid for similar reasons.

In surrounding communities (Louisville, Broomfield etc) you can find something nice and cheap, but then it won't be very enjoyable unless you drive to Boulder. You might consider a slightly longer drive from the airport, and stay in Fort Collins instead (apprx. near US 287 and Mulberry) which has a very nice downtown area with good restaurants and shops, everything in walking distance, and probably more affordable.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Park your car in a Walmart parking lot.
Sleep in your car.
Eat at the restaurant inside the Walmart. The Walmart I drive by all the time has Subway. Gourmet food.
Convenient shopping.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:56 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,944,468 times
Walmart? Boulder? Do you want people to start protesting the forum!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area