Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,569 times

Advertisements

Any advise is so appreciated here....Im a single mom of a 14 yr old daughter. I want to be in the Longmont or Loveland area and need to obviously revolve around my daughter Any advise as to the BEST High School (even if I have to be in a different area yet still close to Longmont or Loveland) She is an A student and fantastic lacrosse player. Sept she is entering 9th grade
IF the areas im looking at ARE NOT good any input would be so appreciated!
Thank you!!! D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 PM

17,670 posts, read 29,556,070 times
Default Colorado is different

1. School districts are very large in Colorado. Usually at the county level and not at the city level.
2. Lacrosse is becoming more popular, but is not at eastern usa levels.
Longmont High does not have lacrosse. Longmont High School, LONGMONT, CO
Loveland High does not have lacrosse. Loveland High School
3. Colorado High School Lacrosse - MaxPreps may be helpful
Thompson Valley

Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,925,214 times
There are multiple high schools within Longmont. Longmont is part of the St. Vrain district which is very large. Our son went to Niwot high school (even though we live in Longmont. It's just the way the district is cut up) and they did not have lacrosse.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 AM

166 posts, read 409,472 times
If sticking to around the Longmont area then I would also consider Niwot (albeit they don't offer lacrosse). Another option to explore might be open enrollment.
Both Boulder High and Fairview offer lacrosse but obviously you have to give thought to the price jump per se living in Boulder as its noticeably different in comparison to Longmont and Loveland.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:48 PM

345 posts, read 910,374 times
Are you moving for a job or another reason? If you do not have employment lined up here I would start that search now.

Have you ever been here? If not a visit is needed. I lived in Huntington and Long Beach, I miss the ocean, trees and such. I was there last week and I am planning to move back to the Coast next year. I'm waiting till my youngest graduates HS, and is going to go to college back East.

Does your daughter want to move? Going to HS in a new place is not fun and she might protest and hate it. I was forced to change schools a few times due to moves when I was young and did not like it, it is less fun for a teenager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area