Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,899 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I have accepted a job offer in Boulder and have 11 days to figure out where I am going to stay when I arrive. I am trying to save as much as possible as I will be moving my fiance and children out in July. One idea I have is to fly to Denver, figure how to get up to Boulder, then find the cheapest place to stay available and use public transportation to get around.
My place of employment is near Arrapahoe and 38th st.
I am trying to find the cheapest motel that offers discounted weekly rates and is relatively close.
As it stands, saving money outweighs commute times, so I will do what I need to do. If anyone knows where any cheesey motels are I would really appreciate it. These places are hard to find online. My original plan was to rent a car for a month for 500.00, drive out, and camp in a tent for 6 weeks to save money. I am trying to figure out my best plan of attack, its just hard when you have never been somewhere, know nothing about the city, and have 2 weeks to figure it out in order to have a plan when I arrive instead of flying by the seat of my pants drifter style. Lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 04:10 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,943,980 times
Your best bet in Boulder would be the Rodeway Inn. It was known as the Broker Inn for most of it's long life. I'll warn you. She is a bit rough.

Does your employer provide you with an EcoPass for transit or other assistance with transportation? If so, you could live outside Boulder. Check out Longmont to the North or Westminster to the South. Check transportation times by using google. You can select public transportation. You can then zero in on the places with the easiest commute.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:00 AM

82 posts, read 91,795 times
My gf and I are staying at an air bnb in Denver when we move in early July. We found a whole basement for rent for 8 nights for about 475

If you look for just 1 room in someone's house or apt, you could find it cheaper for sure.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:49 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,943,980 times
air-bnb is a great place to look. Also, check Craigslist for summer sublets. A lot of college kids leave for the summer and are looking for someone to fill an empty apartment.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:33 AM

285 posts, read 377,401 times
What about the motel on boulder creek on the west edge of town..... 3 years ago, the owner gave me a discount rate, and there were residents there....or so it seemed. Can't remember the motel name. Lots of trees, gorgeous area.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 AM

82 posts, read 91,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
What about the motel on boulder creek on the west edge of town..... 3 years ago, the owner gave me a discount rate, and there were residents there....or so it seemed. Can't remember the motel name. Lots of trees, gorgeous area.
Are you talking about the Boulder Adventure lodge which is now called the A lodge? I think four mile canyon road?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:00 PM

285 posts, read 377,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor4326 View Post
Are you talking about the Boulder Adventure lodge which is now called the A lodge? I think four mile canyon road?
Silver Saddle - found it -

Rates - Welcome to the Silver Saddle Motel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area