Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 06:38 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,679,653 times

Advertisements

Coming into town the September 7th weekend for Colorado-Nebraska, a friend was able to get us tickets. Anyways, schedule planned is as follows:

Thursday night, fly in from Orlando, stay right by airport

Friday morning, get a rental car, drive out towards Rocky Mountain National Park (was thinking of just hiking around the Bear Lake area, as it looks pretty, but simple enough to get to. Our their any more comparable simple hikes that you would recommend more? We are just coming in for the weekend so not necessarily looking for hardcore back country jaunt, and even at least some people being around is actually okay with us. Just want to take in the beauty of the Rockies for a little bit.

Anyways, heading back from there into Boulder in early afternoon to our place to stay, meeting up with friend, hanging out around town in the early evening.

The next day is the game (1:30 MST, I believe). In the morning, hoping to perhaps walk/bike (is there a decent and readily available ride share?) around town, campus, tailgates, etc. I know as an urban enthusiast that the Pearl Street Mall is well regarded, so we may hang out some in that area before the game. If you have any restaurant or coffee recommendations that would be appreciated, or if there something else unique to Boulder and worth checking out, like say the National Atmospheric Center building (from what it looks like, it has a museum attached). Anyways, of course, being around the stadium by like 11, if there are any pregame festivities or traditions worth knowing about.

After the game (guessing about 5?), heading over to Downtown/LoDo Denver for a couple hours. Maybe checking out certain landmarks like the capital and arenas, and perhaps navigating on foot between Larimer Square, 16th Street Mall, and Union Station. Staying at night in between downtown Denver and the airport, and riding out first thing Sunday.

So anyways, it will be a quick trip, as is often the case when during work/school year, but it should give us a chance to check out certain parts of the area. Hiking/eating/sightseeing recommendations would be appreciated, though since the trip isn't super long, much of what we have now should be sufficient.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 07:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
I know we're not supposed to double post, but some of your questions would be better answered on the Denver forum.

I don't have any answers to your questions but it sounds like a fun trip.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:34 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,597 times
My best female friend is visiting Labor Day Weekend, flying in Friday night (late), leaving early Monday morning. I live about a block north and 8 blocks east of the Mall Area.

Saturday morning, planning to do breakfast at Snooze Eatery.
Then hopping the shuttle to Chautauqua for a hike.
https://bouldercolorado.gov/transportation/parktopark
https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/chautauqua-trailhead
Walking back from shuttle drop-off, plan to pass the Mork and Mindy house on Pine Street.
She is a Vegetarian or Vegan or some such, so early dinner at Leaf is called for.
Then to a spot on the mall for several Gin and Tonic's. Outdoor if it is a nice night. Music venue.

Sunday I think an early drive up to Estes Park to ride the cable car up for a view that includes the hotel where the Shining was filmed, and to feed the chipmunks/squirrels up at the peak. Lunch at the restaurant area, I've been to an Italian place that was pretty good.

Then some time at Spruce Pool, weather permitting, or maybe take the dog to Valmont Park to let him run and play, and dinner at Sherpa's or the Med Sunday night.

Good luck with your game, hope it is a beautiful day !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area