Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:18 AM

577 posts, read 1,475,891 times

Advertisements

Hi OhioToCO,

Thank you for your advice. I couldn't agree more. But the problem is: how to find something like a 2-bedroom house at the same pricing level as an apartment? Something reasonable, below $1300-1400. Not sure if that's feasible.

Also, some of the private owners prefer to use a third-party management / realestate company (read, crooks) to administer the lease contract. I've noticed that with two properties @ Saddle Brooke in Superior.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 PM

724 posts, read 1,934,237 times
I felt a need to update this thread.

Horizons at Rock Creek has been sold to a new company, Bell Partners.

Everything has taken a turn for the worst. I won't go into all the details, but items including:

Failing to open the pools for more than a month past when they are normally opened.
Rude staff.
Ridiculous new rules about using the facilities, our children using the facilities.
Rents being raised as leases run out - but NOT telling the renters what it's raised to until less than two weeks remain to find a different apartment.
Inability to get a live person for a problem.
And now forcing all the renters to pay for their decision to switch to a different utilities provider by charging us a set-up fee in addition to higher rates.

Whereas before I stood behind the complex as a good place to live, it's rapidly becoming a place people are moving out of.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:23 AM

577 posts, read 1,475,891 times
I concur with what qfrost had just posted, except for "And now forcing all the renters to pay for their decision to switch to a different utilities provider by charging us a set-up fee in addition to higher rates." Which did not happen to me. The stupid and idiotic "valet trash collection" fee is about to go up though if you renew the lease with them (from $25 to $30 - theft for a crappy service).

The worst aspect is the INSANE renewal lease rates. Mine went up by 13% - as if the money just grows on trees. And it's the same BS - old and non-modernized apartments, slow reaction time (to almost nothing being done and just being ignored) - but more money being "demanded" for what added value???

Time to move on - I have 7 more days to hand them the tenant notice to vacate. Boo to "Bell Flatirons"...
But what's going on with the rental market overall. Why are ALL the landlords (individual proprietors or companies, doesn't seem to matter) SO GREEDY? Or is it the bankesters greedy maybe. The rental market has just become unaffordable and unsustainable in this Denver area - maybe it's time for an even more radical change and leave it for other US state, or even return to Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area