Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 19,470 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Longmont at end of summer. We are looking to rent a house for a bit before permanently settling. We think we like the historic Longmont area...anything where the homes aren't tract (any other area suggestions welcome). What can we expect to pay for a 3 bedroom? Is $1350 or so a high number or fairly reasonable? We are from LA and have a skewed sense of rental numbers here...just want to get the best deal possible and not be the only people paying high rates to live in an affordable area...Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,114 times
You will be fine. I've seen 5 BR homes in Longmont for $1500/mo. Just scour Craigslist all summer to get a good feel for the market. Good luck with the move!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM

377 posts, read 1,054,114 times
Yay! Welcome to Longmont. I live in Old Town (the historic area) and I love it. There is a really cute 2-br Victorian cottage near us that goes for about 950 a month. I'm not sure how many 3-br rentals there are in Old Town, but I'll bet you can find something.

Old Town is great. We love to be able to walk to the library, post office, tons of cafes, several restaurants. It is great! It isn't perfect, of course, but we really like it.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,426 times
For a nice, newer 3 bedroom rental, be sure and check out the newer developments in and around S. Airport Road and Clover Basin Drive, and west towards 75th Street. Great location and super views there as well !

Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 PM

8 posts, read 13,156 times
Try mynewplace.com, forrent.com, rent.com or craigslist.org. we are moving to broomfield or westminster in the end of july from orange county in califgornia and we have found some really good deals. Hope this info helps as it has helped for us. Have a great day and good luck.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 AM

Thanks so much! Really helpful everyone!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageRider View Post
Yay! Welcome to Longmont. I live in Old Town (the historic area) and I love it. There is a really cute 2-br Victorian cottage near us that goes for about 950 a month. I'm not sure how many 3-br rentals there are in Old Town, but I'll bet you can find something.

Old Town is great. We love to be able to walk to the library, post office, tons of cafes, several restaurants. It is great! It isn't perfect, of course, but we really like it.
Great! I love the idea of an older victorian anyways - good to hear that old town is as great as it seems. Thanks so much!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageRider View Post

My fiancee and I just got back from our trip to Colorado, and Longmont was one of the areas we looked at for our relocation next year. We only checked out a couple apartment complexes though, and didn't really check out the town at all. A couple of the places we looked at were the Legacy Apartments and Circle at Sunset.

The Victorian cottage you alluded to has really interested me. Would you be able to provide me with some more info on this? Thanks!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugglife2 View Post
My fiancee and I just got back from our trip to Colorado, and Longmont was one of the areas we looked at for our relocation next year. We only checked out a couple apartment complexes though, and didn't really check out the town at all. A couple of the places we looked at were the Legacy Apartments and Circle at Sunset.

The Victorian cottage you alluded to has really interested me. Would you be able to provide me with some more info on this? Thanks!
Hi Tugglife - I'm almost 100% sure the house is being rented right now. I'm going to send you a private message though.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:56 PM

6 posts, read 11,699 times
hmmm...3 bedrooms for 1350 in Old Town? Not so realistic, unless of course you are ok with a home that has not seen a renovation in many of years. I think a more accurate target for rent would be more in the 1800 range. When considering you will be coming from Cali will still be a huge reduction in your cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area