Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 AM

31 posts, read 202,482 times

Advertisements

Two questions about Louisville I have when I think about moving ...

1) I hear about a lot of bike trails; how accessible are they without a car? Meaning, can I get on my bike at my house and get to the trail easily, or do I need to rack the bike to my car to get to the trail? Are any neighborhoods in Louisville closer to the trails than others? Ideally I think I would like the older neighborhood near the downtown. Also, are these trails family friendly? I bike with my wife and three kids.

2) The Louisville/Boulder area comes across as very health conscious(just my observation, might be wrong!). Anyway, in the summer time I enjoy having a cigar on my porch or back yard during sunset ... is this something that would generally be a problem with neighbors? I really NEVER smoke in public places, just on my own property. But you know, on a windy day the smoke might travel. In my current neighborhood in the chicago burbs, half the block enjoys cigars in the summer, so it's not an issue.

Tx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 AM

294 posts, read 1,334,114 times
You would be surprised on how many people smoke in Colorado. Personally I enjoy the smell of 2nd hand pipe and stogie smoke. Move to Gunbarrel : )

Also, If you like to help out local business, drive to Boulder and stop by Jhonny's Cigars on 13th and Canyon in the plaza by Chase bank. They have a great selection.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
If you live in the Boulder area, you don't 'need' a car. The place is a cycling mecca and damn near everything is easily accessible via bike path or bike lane...just need to be on your game and watch out for errant drivers yapping on cell phones etc. as they blindly roll through intersections and crosswalks.

I encourage cigar smoking. I enjoy a cigar or two every weekend, after a bike ride, hunting, fishing, motorcycle ride...there is always time made for a cigar. They smell a lot better than cigarettes, and my neighbors in close proximity never complain...in fact they seem to enjoy catching a whiff.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
When I was on the Pearl Street Mall having lunch with my dad last fall I was amazed at how many people were smoking cigarettes. While I smoke myself on accasion, I was less than happy whith people walking by and setting there butts in the ash tray next to our outdoor table without putting them out. The Boulder area is notorious for strict smoking restrictions, but there are a lot of hypocrits floating around as well. I lived in Boulder during the time the public smoking ban went into effect. The night before the smoking ban was to go in effect, my friends and I went out to many of Boulder's bars an restaurants( we made a night of it), I swear I have never seen smoke so thick anywhere before...non smokers were smoking--hell dogs were smoking and not just tobacco if you know what I mean..That was Boulder's last act of tobacco defiance I suppose. I have noticed since the mid 90's when that happened less people smoking there now, but I bet a cigar on the porch won't really bother anyone, especially in less militant Lousville.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:58 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
When I was on the Pearl Street Mall having lunch with my dad last fall I was amazed at how many people were smoking cigarettes. While I smoke myself on accasion, I was less than happy whith people walking by and setting there butts in the ash tray next to our outdoor table without putting them out. The Boulder area is notorious for strict smoking restrictions, but there are a lot of hypocrits floating around as well. I lived in Boulder during the time the public smoking ban went into effect. The night before the smoking ban was to go in effect, my friends and I went out to many of Boulder's bars an restaurants( we made a night of it), I swear I have never seen smoke so thick anywhere before...non smokers were smoking--hell dogs were smoking and not just tobacco if you know what I mean..That was Boulder's last act of tobacco defiance I suppose. I have noticed since the mid 90's when that happened less people smoking there now, but I bet a cigar on the porch won't really bother anyone, especially in less militant Lousville.

You know what else I notice? We have a trash can at work outside with an ash tray and about 25% of the butts are cloves.. Every once and a while I'll see some roaches aswell

Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM

482 posts, read 1,371,471 times
I found a great online cigar store.
www.famous-smoke.com

Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I don't smoke, but I can tell you, the bike trails are very accessible. You can ride from your house to two or three nearby trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvanos View Post
Two questions about Louisville I have when I think about moving ...

1) I hear about a lot of bike trails; how accessible are they without a car? Meaning, can I get on my bike at my house and get to the trail easily, or do I need to rack the bike to my car to get to the trail? Are any neighborhoods in Louisville closer to the trails than others? Ideally I think I would like the older neighborhood near the downtown. Also, are these trails family friendly? I bike with my wife and three kids.

2) The Louisville/Boulder area comes across as very health conscious(just my observation, might be wrong!). Anyway, in the summer time I enjoy having a cigar on my porch or back yard during sunset ... is this something that would generally be a problem with neighbors? I really NEVER smoke in public places, just on my own property. But you know, on a windy day the smoke might travel. In my current neighborhood in the chicago burbs, half the block enjoys cigars in the summer, so it's not an issue.

Tx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area