Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM

36 posts, read 122,915 times

Advertisements

We'd like to move to Boulder, but could only afford it if we bought through the city's middle-income home program. (This program makes a Boulder home roughly equal in cost to a home in, say, Broomfield or Westminster, although the Boulder homes seem smaller,often condos.) I've talked to the people who run the program and am kind of confused.
How long is the wait list? (My husband works in Boulder, so we'd be in that group-- lower than people already living in Boulder without housing subsidies.) If you can't own a house when you buy your Boulder home--I think that's in the regs-- what do people do . . . sell their other home and rent until their home program number comes up? In this market, selling and renting will be pricey (if even possible). So maybe we shouldn't apply until (if???) we sell our present home in Greeley?
Once your number comes up, what's the likelihood of getting a home?
The lower-income home program seems similar, so if anyone has experience with that one, I'd appreciate your input too.
Aack! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I don't think CD is the best place for these questions. Ask the people running the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area