Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 AM

33 posts, read 111,518 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar at all with these two schools? If you know or have known someone who has gone to either school and have any opinions on either I would be happy to hear them. We are relocating to the area...our children currently attend Catholic school and we want to continue....interested in any feedback we can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 AM

276 posts, read 1,458,858 times
We are contemplating a move to the area (job offer is in Louisville) and would love to get some info on these schools. We need to make a decision by August 1 and since the schools are closed it is difficult to get a good feel for the school. We will be visiting in a week and would like to get as much info as we can before our trip. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,960 times
While I do not have any personal experience our next door neighbors send their children to Nativity and have said nothing but good things about the school -- they are also church members there -- and I have close friends who just started their oldest in Kindergarten (they have three boys) and they love it. Nativity is out of their way geographically but they feel it's worth it and have been very happy.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 AM

95 posts, read 290,768 times
My little cousin went to Nativity when he moved to broomfield, as far as i know its the largest of the 3 you mentioned. As far as i know he had no problems at the school. I went to holy family grade school in downtown denver when i was growing up and it was FAR better than the public schools, we where about 4 grade levels above what public schools where learning. As far as i know Nativity also has a pretty high standard in education.

St Louis is a really small school, my mom goes to the church attached to it and its a small but tight community. i would seriously look at the #'s of kids going there however. Personally i wouldn't wanna send my kid (if i had kids) to a school where he wouldn't get ample social experience due to a lack of peers.

Also just for down the road, most of the catholic high schools aren't really worth the MAJOR $$ your gonna be shelling out for them, unless you live in a terrible school district. Most of the high schools in BSVD should have your kids ready to enter college (expectantly compared to Jeffco in my experience) . I attended HF High school (Bloomfield) for a year until we moved out of Denver and into a better school district.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM

724 posts, read 1,934,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledjar View Post
(expectantly compared to Jeffco in my experience) .
You mean 'especially compared to Jeffco', if I understood correctly.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I have some friends who took their kids out of Nativity for financial reasons and found that the public schools in BVSD were ahead, especially in math.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:40 PM

276 posts, read 1,458,858 times
Idlewile and ledjar - thanks so much for the input. I really appreciate it. I understand the public schools in the area are excellent. But having relocated frequently, we have found our "home away from home" in our Catholic School/ parish communities. Hoping to find the same in Colorado...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 AM

95 posts, read 290,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qfrost View Post
You mean 'especially compared to Jeffco', if I understood correctly.

guess who spent time in the jeffco school system.... THIS GUY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area