Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
You can never win arguements with your mother obviously..
That's cute and you are right . Just ask my 16 year old son. At the end of the day, he always ends up saying, "okay mom, you were right!".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
that's cute and you are right . Just ask my 16 year old son. At the end of the day, he always ends up saying, "okay mom, you were right!".
; )

Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
That's cute and you are right . Just ask my 16 year old son. At the end of the day, he always ends up saying, "okay mom, you were right!".
Regarding Mom (or Dad) being right, here's one from the ages:
... "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
.... Mark Twain, in Bringing Up Father
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:05 PM

247 posts, read 745,233 times
Mike, West Bawlmar huh? I grew up in Montgomery County and my sis went to Goucher and now lives up near Falls Rd.

Where in Denver do you live?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBoy914 View Post
Mike, West Bawlmar huh? I grew up in Montgomery County and my sis went to Goucher and now lives up near Falls Rd.

Where in Denver do you live?
I'm on the north end of COLO SPGS.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM

532 posts, read 1,567,941 times
Its pretty odd driving around, the way people act in their cars. On one hand there are people that are hyper aggressive and will pass you so they can hurry up and get to a red light when your downshifting so you won't have to stop and everything goes smoother. On the other hand, when it snows, people tend to get into a pack mentality that actually makes it more dangerous. People stick to groups, drop the speed, and bottleneck, probably some adaptive response. I try to ignore all of it, theres no need getting my stress level up due to transportation, just flip on the radio and lean back.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
Its pretty odd driving around, the way people act in their cars. On one hand there are people that are hyper aggressive and will pass you so they can hurry up and get to a red light when your downshifting so you won't have to stop and everything goes smoother. On the other hand, when it snows, people tend to get into a pack mentality that actually makes it more dangerous. People stick to groups, drop the speed, and bottleneck, probably some adaptive response. I try to ignore all of it, theres no need getting my stress level up due to transportation, just flip on the radio and lean back.
God, I wish I were as centered as you. I just look at it like Im literally wasting my life away behind people that are not paying attention. I bet in a lifetime, you waste almost a year just waiting behind people dilly dallying. I guess I have some growing up to do

Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM

631 posts, read 1,575,503 times
dude, great post i'll i'm gonna say that the traffic in Boulder for me just plain sucks. people are growing stupid behind the wheel in what i would call the worst city to do so what with all the peds around. seriously...

Old 02-21-2010, 12:07 PM

23 posts, read 45,129 times
Colorado in general is infested with people operating Cell Phones while attempting to drive. They can't text anymore but they can still use phones without hands-free devices.

Boulder and the 36 corridor are all infested with bad drivers for the most part. I have never had anyone be courteous in Boulder while I was driving there. Mostly they like to stick in your blind spot, speed up or slow down as to NOT let you pass.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestr View Post
Colorado in general is infested with people operating Cell Phones while attempting to drive. They can't text anymore but they can still use phones without hands-free devices.

Boulder and the 36 corridor are all infested with bad drivers for the most part. I have never had anyone be courteous in Boulder while I was driving there. Mostly they like to stick in your blind spot, speed up or slow down as to NOT let you pass.
This is a problem everywhere I have ever driven in this state. When we first moved here, we lived in Denver, and that's where I first encountered it. Sometimes I'd miss my exit b/c someone wouldn't let me over. I've learned to be a little more agressive with my driving. That's probably too bad, but it's a survival skill.

In Boulder, you have the additional problem of students just popping out of everywhere and nowhere on bikes, on foot, etc. They don't pay attention to traffic signals as pedestrians/bikers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area