Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 AM

23 posts, read 69,497 times

Advertisements

I am a single Mom who has decided to fulfill her dreams and move to Colorado. I have been out to the resorts skiing many of times but have never seen Boulder or Denver. I would like to know if this is a good place to move with two girls who are 9 and 14? I will be renting for a while so I need to know where would be good for schools for my kids. Is moving to Denver and the surrounding areas better or would Boulder be better. I will be honest that I too would like to be able to have a social life. I am in my mid 40's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM

377 posts, read 1,050,627 times
It completely depends on what you are looking for. It is hard to say if Denver or Boulder is "better."

Also, you should come out for a visit to take a look at the area.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM

631 posts, read 1,570,421 times
Totally come out and view the area firsthand. Lucky for you Colorado is home to several of the best cities to live in throughout the nation. Such places include Loveland (named the BEST last year) and Longmont, which has earned the title of All American City three years ago and has also repeatedly been in the top 50 places to live in the past few years. Personally I wouldn't live in Boulder due to the traffic and the congestion. Longmont has great access to just about any city in the northern part of the state (with several highways passing through or near it). Longmont also has some of the best schools in the state (the self named Longmont High School, my current place of education, has one of the best reputations for great sports, availability and types of classes, and the teachers are just fantastic).

Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM

530 posts, read 2,618,279 times
My family and I moved to Louisville Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Louisville, CO - from MONEY Magazine a few years ago from New Orleans. We also have family in Windermere,FL so we know what it's like to live down South. We absolutely love it here. Our children are now 16 and 14 and are doing well in school (public of course!) and have made great friends. When we first moved here we lived in the Horizons Apartments. Simpson Property Group | Dwell in Satisfaction Our children went to Monarch K-8 and now my 16yo is at Monarch HS, my 14 yo daughter is at Louisville Middle School (special ed). My wife and I have also made so many good friends in just a short period of time. I think you will love it here!

Old 12-29-2009, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 6,782 times
Micktooth - I saw that your kids went to Monarch K-8 and high school. We are planning on moving to the Boulder suburbs this summer and I am trying to get a feel for the personality and qualities of specific schools before we come out to look at neighborhoods. How does Monarch K-8 compare with Louiseville elem, Superior elem, or some of the other elem and middle schools in the Louiseville, Superior, Lafayette areas? I will have a 1st and 5th grader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area