Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,833 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
We would like to relocate to Co from Taos NM this summer. My son will be in 1st grade this fall. He has very mild ppd/nos..he is academically gifted..I am leaving Taos because of the deplorable schooling options and don't want to make another mistake in CO. If anyone can suggest which school district (Longmont/Boulder/Ft. Collins) would be best I would be most appreciative.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,653 times
Hi Debz, I have posted several times recently about our experience. Last year my family and I moved to Louisville, near Boulder, from New Orleans. We have an 11yo daughter with mental and physical disabilities. We are happy with the services she is receiving from the Boulder Valley School District. There are some other groups that can help you as well. We love an organization called Imagine Colorado, you can look them up on the web. They provide services for people with special needs in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. You can also look up "parent to parent of Colorado" online. My wife tells me that they have a list serve where you can post your questions and get answers from other parents. She uses it a lot. If you need more info let me know. I think you will like the Boulder Valley School District.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:17 AM

53 posts, read 258,546 times
Default Keep Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz View Post
Hello Everyone,
We would like to relocate to Co from Taos NM this summer. My son will be in 1st grade this fall. He has very mild ppd/nos..he is academically gifted..I am leaving Taos because of the deplorable schooling options and don't want to make another mistake in CO. If anyone can suggest which school district (Longmont/Boulder/Ft. Collins) would be best I would be most appreciative.

Thank You
Keep looking. People here will show you great empathy, but the school system here is poor. I would check with Universities on there advise as to where to look.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedy View Post
Keep looking. People here will show you great empathy, but the school system here is poor. I would check with Universities on there advise as to where to look.

Comedy, Do you have specific examples of how the school system here is poor? I know my family's experience with the BVSD has been ok. I think it also depends on what you compare the schools to. We moved from Louisiana, and if you think the Boulder schools are bad, well they blow the Louisiana schools away.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debz View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thank You
This is so hard b/c each situation is so individual re: which district is "best". It would probably be besat to a) follow Micktooth's advice as he has some experience in this area, and b) talk to the school administrations in the districts you are considering.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:48 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
debz, one quick little search on Comedy's post history will tell you all you need to know.

Micktooth is right on with the parent-to-parent post; I joined the Yahoo group from that site for the Autism Society of Colorado and they've been very helpful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area