Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 AM

162 posts, read 329,586 times

Advertisements

Sounds very much like Jersey this winter thus far. We've had freezing weather and then this week its in the high 40s/low 50s. I was outside yesterday with no coat on while my kids were outside. FUN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM

631 posts, read 1,575,242 times
lol last week when the heat started rolling in i was wearing shorts and polo shirts all day long (still do) but now that it's stuck around for awhile the 40's are starting to feel cold again....

....man i can't wait for spring to get here.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 AM

2 posts, read 6,088 times
A lot of people see longmont as "ghetto", of course by colorado standards. I'm from nj, so don't tell me anywhere in colorado is ghetto except for maybe colfax street. But there are gang problems and a large mexican population which some people see as a negative in itself. Quite racist really. It also has very little nightlife compared to nearby towns. Personally, i love longmont, it's little taquerias and shops have character. Any culture whatsoever in this unbelievably vanilla state is a plus. I like it because it just seems like a normal place, not trendy, not pretentious, not completely full of itself like boulder. I hope this doesn't change too much, we don't need another boulder. 1 boulder is already one too many.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roos08824 View Post
A lot of people see longmont as "ghetto", of course by colorado standards. I'm from nj, so don't tell me anywhere in colorado is ghetto except for maybe colfax street. But there are gang problems and a large mexican population which some people see as a negative in itself. Quite racist really. It also has very little nightlife compared to nearby towns. Personally, i love longmont, it's little taquerias and shops have character. Any culture whatsoever in this unbelievably vanilla state is a plus. I like it because it just seems like a normal place, not trendy, not pretentious, not completely full of itself like boulder. I hope this doesn't change too much, we don't need another boulder. 1 boulder is already one too many.
Yeah, as if Boulder isn't already nothing more than an overinflated ego waiting to burst.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
Longmont ghetto, now that funny. I have heard Longmont called many things but never ghetto.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM

^^^

lol

Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 PM

145 posts, read 209,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cjj View Post
I HATE the snow and winter and yet my husband is convinced that I won't mind Colorado. I can't imagine it.
I live in DC and know exactly what the East Coast cold is like. I was just in Denver last weekend - it was down in the 30s at night and in the 50s during the day.

The morning I left it was 31 degrees, and I was walking around outside with just a long sleeved shirt and was outside for about an hour. I drove an hour to the airport with the window in the car down.

I arrived in DC 4 pm EST and it was 47 degrees and overcast. I needed to put on a coat, a hat, and a scarf just to keep warm and keeping the window down? Not a chance.

I have about 5% body fat so cold affects me greatly. I want to leave the East Coast because the winters are so overcast and dreary. At no time while I was in Denver (4 days) was I even remotely cold. At night a jacket sufficed.

During the day it was up to 50 degrees and sunny. I literally had to take off my jacket and hat to be outside it was that warm. Today in DC it is also 50 degrees and without a jacket and hat you feel the cold.

Hope that helps.

FTR I had never been to Denver before and have lived on the East Coast for 39 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area