Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,101 times

Advertisements

A note about realtors and these types of communities--many of them don't get them at all. I've had several neighbors who love living here tell me they were discouraged to buy in here by their realtors. This of course is not the case with all realtors. Many people don't understand you aren't just buying a house in a new urbanist development, you are buying a neighborhood and a lifestyle. All they seem to see is the houses closer together and smaller yards than they are used to seeing. What they don't see is the freedom you get from not having to drive everywhere and the security and fun of actually knowing your neighbors--exactly the things facilitated by the design of these neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM

90 posts, read 262,541 times
Okay Bradburn1, I will keep that in mind. I had been wondering if a "regular" realtor would want to or be able to handle a transaction there or if all sales/resales are done at some main office in Bradburn.
Another Q for you. Are there many empty nesters there?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
I have to say, I do like Bradburn. I have taken many trips there and it does have some advantages from other developments. It is actually very attractive and I can see in a few years and when it has some "patina of age"--the characteristics will be more appealing.

It is within walking distance of a nice plaza with a nice store, Sprouts. It will be across the street from a new Walmart but the street is extremely busy highway. It is down the street from good commercial development on 120th with a King Soopers, Kmart, Kohls, a Safeway, Restaurants, and a huge Asian Market--but not really walkable.

The best thing is that it borders a big park and open space with extensive trails that can take you to the Westminster City Park and Recreation Centers. It does have a good bus route but again 120th is very busy street to cross. Though Bradburn is dense, which I like; it borders shopping areas and streets that do not encourage Dense Development. Walkable areas then become limited and you find yourself walking across huge parking lots to get to stores and across busy streets.

I prefer the new movement in new shopping development which put the store fronts close to the street and sidewalk with the parking in the rear. Of course, you will find that in many older urban areas. That is why with redevelopment and renewal these areas become desirable. You then do not have a new facsimile of an urban neighborhood, you have the real, authentic walkable neighborhood. An example is Tennyson Street in the Berkeley Neighborhood of North Denver.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 02-12-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 02-13-2010, 08:41 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,101 times
No, there's no main office for realtors, you can use any realtor you like. Even if you buy new construction I would use your own realtor simply because they represent your interests.

As far as empty nesters, yes there are some, including quite a few people whose kids and gradkids live in Bradburn. I would estimate empty nest households in here (at least in the single family homes) to be about 10% of the demo in here. The vast majority are couples age 25-45 with elementary age kids. Def not the neighborhood for someone who doesn't want to deal with any kiddos.

Agree with Livecontent, I wish it was higher density around Bradburn, but am happy to be able to walk to what I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area