Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM

112 posts, read 229,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
What time of year are you coming? Whether you need to book ahead depends a lot on the season.

There is also a Marriott close to 28th Street in Boulder which puts you near quite a few shops and restaurants but you'd have to drive or catch the bus to get to the actual downtown area (Pearl St, etc). The good news is the bus only takes about 5-10 minutes and the stop is really close to the hotel.
I am looking at coming out this Friday - Tuesday however I am concerned with the weather patterns. Do not want to fly in bad weather. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
I don't think what's coming in Friday is anything to worry about. Maybe that's changed/will change, but this morning they said it would be mostly a mountains event, with a small chance of a rain/snow showers down here. You'll be fine.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I don't think what's coming in Friday is anything to worry about. Maybe that's changed/will change, but this morning they said it would be mostly a mountains event, with a small chance of a rain/snow showers down here. You'll be fine.
What about flying back on Tuesday. There is supposed to be another system rolling in right?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:37 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
There is no way to tell at this point. It's still too far off. If you are that concerned about snow then you should probably plan your trip in June.
According to a local meteorologist:
Another storm will push through this weekend, so stay tuned for updates on that. The models have been all over the place with this storm, and because of that, we're holding on to the potential that it could dump some significant snow somewhere east of the Divide. Whether it's the Front Range or eastern plains that get the most snow out of this remains to be seen, but we are watching very closely as this system continues to evolve.
This storm has a couple things going for it that the previous storms have not. First, the storm track is more favorable to bring snow to northeast Colorado. The previous storms have all been too far south to really bring a good snow. And second, the models have been trending on a slower movement of the storm, so it will have more time to do its thing.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

I am not worried about snow at all. I can deal with that, I am just concerned of flight delays, or possible lay overs due to the potential for bad weather being projected. Because I have never flown in rain or snow I have no idea what to expect. All I know is that I have to be back on Tuesday for work, etc. right now that is my main concern, and I just wanted the input of all the CO natives as to what their experience has been with flights, etc.

Thank you again, I appreciate all the info.!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
At the moment the forecast is for Rain/Snow on Tuesday which usually won't affect flights at DIA. If you're really concerned about getting back on time, you could always arrive at the airport several hours early and try to go standby (I did that last November and got out 6 hours ahead of the snow). Other than that I can only recommend keeping a close eye on the weather forecast - there's really not much else you can do.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM

724 posts, read 1,934,237 times
I think you're fears are unfounded. Go, and have a great time!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM

30 posts, read 91,868 times
Have a cousin in the Hospital in Lafayette, he lives in Erie, thinking of visiting this week any thoughts on where to stay? I will be renting a car so I'll be able to get around myself.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 AM

9 posts, read 51,049 times
sap1256, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful place to escape to, try the Briar Rose B&B in Boulder. It's run by zen monks and it is lovely. Walking access to downtown Boulder and a short drive from Lafayette.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 4,352 times
We were in Boulder for 9 days searching for a place to live and stayed at the Golden Buff Best Western on 28th and Canyon. They gave us a great weekly rate, excellent customer service, a comfortable room, and had a killer free breakfast. It is a 20 minute walk to Pearl Street and also close to hiking, etc. A million restaurants within 5 blocks. Cheap but comfortable. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area