U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 PM

186 posts, read 319,030 times

Advertisements

Many say that the sport of boxing is dying and is being replaced by UFC. Will boxing survive??? What are some solutions in making boxing exciting again??

If I don't get many replies then boxing might be dead afterall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 07:07 PM

832 posts, read 3,690,418 times
Boxing sure seems dead. I don't even know who the heavyweight champ is. Frankly, I don't care

Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 AM

172 posts, read 582,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBranch View Post
Boxing sure seems dead. I don't even know who the heavyweight champ is. Frankly, I don't care
agreed, people my age also do not care about boxing, but do care about UFC....I do not know what Boxing can do, cause they are on life support right now

Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 AM

792 posts, read 3,007,491 times
I wouldn't call the sport dead yet. It does need some big names though and some publicity besides the night of and the night after a big fight. It seems most of the time when there is some smidgen of pres coverage and hype generated by those who do watch boxing, it blindsides me: alot of times I don't even know, nor hear any discussion of an upcoming big fight, until it is only hours away, or some times after the fact. More than anything, the sports needs some life pumped into it when there IS NOT an imminent big-name fight coming to your screen.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM

12 posts, read 66,149 times
It's not dead, but it is on life support. The sad thing is there are no boxers that anybody really cares about or will remember 15 years from now. I couldn't tell you a champion in half the weight classes of boxing, but I can tell you damn near all of them from say Pride and the UFC. lol

Old 06-20-2007, 02:53 PM

7,600 posts, read 17,372,691 times
UFC is a fly-by-night "sport", and i do use the term sport lightly in this case, and i think itll die off soon enough. People will come back to boxing because it is a great sport, ran (for the most part) correct. UFC is animals fighting animals, and there is only so much you can watch of that crap.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 PM

165 posts, read 533,583 times
What the Boxing World needs is a True Peoples Champion. Like Mahammid Ali, Or Rocky Marcyiono. We need boxers that are worried more about how they fight in the ring. then about how much money they earn. Fighters who are hungry, have heart, and think the sport is who they are. Just like Rocky said in his last Movie, " Fighters Fight !!!"

Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,678,800 times
I used to be a big boxing fan, but the sport is belly-up for sure. I believe the problem with boxing started around the same time that the U.S. Olympic Boxing Program went down the tubes. For many years, great fighters such as Ali, Forman, Holyfield were came from the U.S. Olympic Teams. There was also a time when the United States Boxing Teams totally dominated Olympic Boxing. But now the program is lucky to get a single Bronze medal out of the Olympic Team.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 AM

7,600 posts, read 17,372,691 times
I love to watch amateur boxing alot. My schools main sport was boxing and we wont the nationals 36 years in a row the last time I heard. DeLa Hoya is a great boxer and a great embassador for the sport. Its a shame hes crossing his sell by date.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:39 PM

6 posts, read 20,791 times
Boxing isn't dead. It just needs an organization (ala UFC). That likely won't happen for another five years.

UFC is more closer to wrestling than boxing if you ask me. It's real but sometimes they cross-promote with TNA and I just don't like seeing that.

Hatton V Castillo is tonight. Should be a great fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing