Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 PM

10,168 posts, read 20,715,393 times

Advertisements

It was all Manny for 12 rounds. He battered Margarito's face and peppered him at will. Speed was the killer. Margarita entered the ring 17 pounds heavier at 165 to Manny's 148, and Manny still looked stronger.

Manny even carried Margarito for the 12 and final round, he could have easily KO'd him. Margarito's face looked battered and his right eye was nearly swollen shut with a nasty cut underneath.

Wonder what's next for Manny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,306,240 times
Figures. Margarito not much of a threat without his illegal wraps. He was always very mechanical and slow for a fighter, and didn't do well if his opponent did not offer much lateral movement. Margarito just a mediocre fighter and never did belong among the elite fighters of any division. What a scam he represents.

Good sparring session for Manny.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,369,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Figures. Margarito not much of a threat without his illegal wraps. He was always very mechanical and slow for a fighter, and didn't do well if his opponent did not offer much lateral movement. Margarito just a mediocre fighter and never did belong among the elite fighters of any division. What a scam he represents.

Good sparring session for Manny.
But you really have to admire the sheer genius of margarito's trainer Robert Garcia. He knew margarito's wraps would be checked, so he gave it to him in the form of a 15 pound supository.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Oops! Guess that didn't work out too well.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,853,109 times
Time for Manny to fight the likes of Berto, Mayweather, Mosley.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:09 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,467,890 times
I would like to see Pacquiao/Mosley next, Berto isn't a big threat enough for Pac.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I'm not sure whom I'd like next like for Pacquiao to fight next. Not sure if I'd at all like to see him fight again. He has nothing more to prove.

Given last night's fight, Mayweather would be a nice feather on Pacquio's cap but, it really doesn't matter. Mayweather adds little - if anything - to Pacquiao's resume.

Regarding plasterman margarito, I could not be happier to see him get the beating he received. Nevertheless, the beating was truly unnecessary after round 9. I cannot understand why the referee didn't stop it. Worse yet, I cannot understand why margarito's cornerman (Robert Garcia) allowed him to continue fighting. What was there to gain? Did his fighter have more to loose than to gain by allowing him to continue?

This must have something to do with that machismo thing which places "all things macho" before logic and reason. Robert Garcia was irresponsible for letting his boxer continue to receive an aweful beating which could permanently impair his health.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 PM

10,168 posts, read 20,715,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
As soon as Mayweather comes out of hiding I'm sure the fight will be made. But Floyd's too busy winning fights by slapping around his baby's mama and ducking Manny with excuses.

What's happening here is that Floyd is waiting for Manny to get worn down in some tough fights before facing him. Hoping he'll slow down a notch and come in as damaged goods. He's known for fighting guys who are past their prime in age or battle worn. Either that or smaller and of little threat. Contrast that to Manny taking on risky fights and bigger opponents (guys who Floyd ducked) while thoroughly dominating and Floyd's star is quickly fading.

There would be added value to fighting Mosley, he's done.

Berto needs to prove himself against someone like Cotto before he gets a shot at the crown. So far he's proved nothing and fought no one. He's fighting a guy by the name of Freddie Hernandez this month...yeah that's what I thought too...who?

Unless Floyd steps up, there really isn't much more for Manny right now.

He needs to stay at or below 145 to be at his best. Maybe the winner of the Bradley/Alexander fight might generate some interest, but probably not enough revenue.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,767,327 times
Great fight for Manny, eight titles. This time I think they will find a way to make the fight with Floyd happen.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,467,890 times
It looks like Margarito will spend more than a year out of boxing...

Margarito to undergo surgery on facial fracture from loss to Manny Pacquiao - ESPN Dallas

Old 11-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
It looks like Margarito will spend more than a year out of boxing...

Margarito to undergo surgery on facial fracture from loss to Manny Pacquiao - ESPN Dallas
Bingo! As I stated further up on this thread, margarito's cornerman did not base his decision to let his fighter continue fighting on logic or reason. He based his decisions on idiotic pride. The result. . .an orbital fracture. Margarito's health is now impaired. How good will he perform on future fights, if at all?

Well, as I stated elsewhere, Tijuana needs just one more street sweeper/entertainer. We just found a qualified candidate to fill that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing