Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times

Advertisements

I guess i'm posting on this forum to thank the majority of you...

i'm from england, lived here my whole life, so its kinda unexpected how the majority of americans are praising the hitman and hoping beats one of your own. i'll be honest, its all quite touching. i'm sure that with you lot supporing him beside us, he'll give us the show of our ****in life.

on a casual note, i'm doing all of florida over easter, first time in america too. cant wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 01:49 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,593,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Mayweather will control the fight and stay away from Hatton...Hatton will chase him and tire himself out from all that wild swinging. Mayweather wins the decision.
And they say Vaudeville is dead.....

Old 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I have a hard time rooting against a fellow American so I am hoping the Floyd wins this fight but I am not so sure he'll be able to hand Hatton's constant pressure. If Floyd throws combinations instead of just pot-shots and one-twos he should win. Hatton may come out and smother his own blows by thinking more of trying to pressure Floyd and therefore not giving himself enough distance.

So, I want and hope Floyd wins but I think Hatton may get it if it goes to the judges due to his constant pressure and bringing the fight to Floyd.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:30 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,347,595 times
Mayweather likes to counter-punch at distance with quick 1-2s. Hatton likes to get inside and rough his opponents up. I would like to think that Hatton's pressure and agressiveness would get to Mayweather (who I would love to see lose), but I see a long night of Floyd pot-shotting Hatton as Hatton tries to get inside and then Floyd dancing away.

My head says 117-111 for Mayweather, but my heart would be happy with Hatton KO'ing Floyd in 10.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Default I say Floyd! But want Hatton

I would love to see Hatton pull it off, but i still see Mayweather winning late or an easy decision. Remember Mayweather has an incredble defense, takes a good punch, rarely tires and has awesome hand speed. Fight starts soon, so lets see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Mayweather likes to counter-punch at distance with quick 1-2s. Hatton likes to get inside and rough his opponents up. I would like to think that Hatton's pressure and agressiveness would get to Mayweather (who I would love to see lose), but I see a long night of Floyd pot-shotting Hatton as Hatton tries to get inside and then Floyd dancing away.

My head says 117-111 for Mayweather, but my heart would be happy with Hatton KO'ing Floyd in 10.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:54 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Default England = no class

nice to hear the Star Spangled Banner booed by all the drunk Englishmen in attendance tonight at the MGM. England proving once again they have no class or respect for others. Go back home and take your overrated chav with you.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:59 PM

5 posts, read 20,726 times
yeaahhh, Mayweather won!!! Go Go Mayweather!

Old 12-09-2007, 12:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Great fight! Mayweather truly proving himself to be among the greats. Hatton has nothing to be ashamed of either. He is a fine fighter, a great one at 140, and he's certainly a credit to the sport. He made a good showing of himself. He just ran up against a superior fighter tonight.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:36 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
nice to hear the Star Spangled Banner booed by all the drunk Englishmen in attendance tonight at the MGM. England proving once again they have no class or respect for others. Go back home and take your overrated chav with you.

Totally agreed. Before the fight, I was rooting for Hatton.. until the classless football fans opened their uneducated mouths. The whole fight was a dose of reality for Brits. Booing the anthem was disgusting.

Mayweather had all the class, completely outboxed a lesser fighter, and showed dignity at the end by complementing Hatton's performance. Hatton made excuses, never really acknowledged Mayweather's performance, and the TV commentry in the UK was rediculous.

Even though I had money on Hatton, I'm glad he was made to look like the white trash fool he is.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:04 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,539 times
I lost a lot of respect for Mayweather over the course of the fight. All he does is run away...turn his shoulder...and bury his head in his opponent's side. Sometimes, he even turns his head to allow his opponent to punch him in the back of the head (and lose a point) or he just puts his head outside of the ring so that he doesn't get hit.

Yes, he landed a vicious shot in the 10th to win it...but watching him fight is just garbage. At least Hatton tried to be the aggressor...this was much more fun to watch than Mayweather/De La Hoya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing