Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM

519 posts, read 603,918 times

Advertisements

Jeopardizing his shot against Manny Pacquiao in November by taking this fight tonight....JMM knocks Likar Ramos out COLD about two minutes into the very first round. JMM caught Ramos with a straight right directly on the button and it was lights out literally for Likar. Had to catch it on a stream on toprank.tv since apparently it wasn't worthy of being broadcast on TV.

In a way it's too bad that JMM didn't get a chance to put in the rounds that he wanted to in preparation for Manny. Obviously it won't be nearly this easy when he steps into the ring against Pac. However, I'm still not convinced that even at JMM's age of 37, it's going to be a cakewalk for Manny like some seem to think. I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 06:57 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
This isn't the same manny from 04 and 08. He's going to face a complete fighter.

Pacquiao by late rounds TKO.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
This isn't the same manny from 04 and 08. He's going to face a complete fighter.

Pacquiao by late rounds TKO.
I tend to agree with this. It will be a battle though.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Those first 2 fights were the best. Yeah i agree, but I think the HGH or steroids or whatever he is taking will help whip him this time. Seriously, if this fight is a lop sided win then I will no doubt agree that he is using drugs of some sort. At this current time, I "think" he is using something. If he is using drugs and then arrogantly accepted this fight he will then unknowingly or stupidly provide evidence of use, because this particular opponent/RMM is the only one who has Pac's number. Wait and see...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
A lopsided victory by Manny doesn't prove anything in terms of illegal substances. Marquez is an aged fighter now and I'm sure he's lost some of his edge since they last fought. I think it will be a competitive fight with Manny coming away with a late round TKO or UD victory which is really supposed to happen at this juncture in both of their careers. I really think Manny signed this fight to end the controversy once and for all about who would win a rubber match. Marquez is looking for one last big payday, if he loses I think he'll retire, and can look back proudly on his accomplishments and contributions to the sport of boxing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing