U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 PM

8,208 posts, read 21,663,576 times

Advertisements

“I can promise you right now, I will not hold back. If you want to fight, I will be there to fight. It’s a promise,” said WBC heavyweight titleholder Vitali Klitchko (42-2, 39 KOs) seated across from his September 10 rival, former WBC light heavyweight and IBF cruiserweight champion Tomasz Adamek (44-1, 28 KOs). Both fighters arrived at HBO headquarters in Manhattan for their only US appearance at special press conference and both promised that they will not just speak about a great fight – they will deliver.

WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko was in a jolly mood Tuesday at HBO headquarters in Manhattan as he and challenger Tomasz Adamek met with reporters to discuss their Sept. 10 title fight in Wroclaw, Poland. Who could blame Klitschko? It was his 40th birthday, and he's still going strong on a 10-bout winning streak since his last loss to Lennox Lewis eight years ago.

“If you overlook fighters like Adamek, you lose,” said Klitschko. “We have one fighter that is better than Adamek and his name Haye. But Haye is only a champion in talking and talking, nothing more. Adamek is a better fighter than him and I knew this even before Haye’s fight with my brother.”
After some pleasantries, “Dr Ironfist” did not waste a chance to intimidate Adamek (or try to do so). Seated across from the Polish heavyweight behind a big conference table, Vitali reminded him who is an “original heavyweight” and “who is a heavyweight because he eats lots of food.”
“You will know the difference on September 10 in Wroclaw, the difference of being hit by original heavyweight,” warned Klitschko adding that he expects to win by knockout.
Adamek did not blink. “Speed is power. I know what I can do in the ring. I know how to move and what to do win this fight. Most of Vitali’s rivals lost the fight before they enter the ring. It will not happen to me,” Adamek fired back.
When Fightnews asked Vitali how many of his fans will make a trip to Poland from Ukraine and Germany, WBC champion pointed out that it’s not important how many Adamek or Klitschko fans will fill up a 45,000 soccer stadium in Poland. “I don’t want to go into percentages, how many Poles or Germans will be there. A great fight is what’s important. Let me tell you a boxing joke about percentages… “A fighter asks his manager why they have 50/50 money split. ‘I don’t like this split, I want to have 70 percent for me,’ says the fighter. ‘Great,’ answers the manager, ‘no problem. We will have 70/70 split now.’ Percentages are tricky – in this case is not important how many fans I or Adamek will bring. The fight is what’s important.”
Vitali did not entertain any questions about future opponents or how much longer he wants to fight. He did not hide his disdain for David Haye (“I want to knock him out, I can do it. It’s personal.”) or to not fight for much longer although he did not want to go into specifics how much longer or how many fights he wants to have before retirement. “Adamek is the only important fight. Nothing else matters” said Klitschko.
With the conviction of two great fighters, Adamek and Klitschko, will step into the ring on September 10 to battle and forget press conference rhetoric. HBO will televise the fight live from Poland, at 3:45 EST and rebroadcast the event later that night. All the heavyweight fans hope that Klitschko-Adamek will be a fight we can watch at least two times.

Get ready for one of the best fights in History!!!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 PM

fightnews.com

Klitschko: Unlike Haye, Adamek a fighter

Chisora gives Adamek no chance of beating Vitali

Klitschko: Unlike Haye, Adamek a fighter

Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM

‪Tomasz Adamek vs Vinny Maddalone Highlights‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-19-2011, 10:43 PM

The one thing I disagree with him about is Adamek being able to use his speed for so many rounds. I don’t see Adamek being able to use his speed other than to run. He’s too slow and too small to do much more than run. If Adamek tries to actually fight Vitali, and I don’t care for how long, Adamek is going to get blasted out. It’s as simple as that. Adamek is a guy that would be in trouble against some of the contenders in the division if he would have actually fought any of them instead of taking on old guys like Michael Grant, Kevin McBride and Andrew Golota.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 PM

‪Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek (HBO)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM

‪Tomasz Adamek Best of the Best Highlights‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 PM

If Adamek went up through all divisions and won would he be considered the best fighter... NO wrong place wrong time even thought he might be the most talented fighter ever.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 PM

‪Polish Warrior Tomasz Adamek destroys American Jonathon Banks‬‏ - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing