Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times

Advertisements

Here you go, it's been a year and half since he ageed...

Manny Pacquiao Agrees To 14-Day Testing Window, Says 'Mayweather Has No Reason Not To Fight Now' | BALLERSTATUS.com

Manny Pacquiao Agrees To Blood Test | The Daily Tribute

Manny Pacquiao Agrees to 14-Days (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/manny-pacquiao-agrees-to-14-days-%E2%80%93-floyd-is-cornered-again - broken link)

There's more out there, but I can't access some of the links from work right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 10:28 AM

121 posts, read 240,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
funny thing is that lately St. Manny's resume doesn't look much different...

Manny has beaten: Eric Morales (twice),Barrera(twice),Marquez(twice),Cotto,Rito

FLoyd has beaten: Judah and Corrales..

Both have beaten: Mosley,DLH,Hatton...But Pacquiao destroyed DLH and Hatton where Floyd had a split decision vs DLH and took 10 rounds to finally land a meaningful blow..it took manny 2..LOL

theres no denying Pacquiao's resume is clearly the better of the 2.

Floyd the "king" of the welters never fought Cotto or Rito..2 of the top 3 or 5 welters during his "reign"..thats funny...

And Pacquiao was usually the smaller guy fighting all of them..he has to move up in weight..not like Floyd making smaller guys move to fight him for the 1st time at 147..

Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 AM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You guys need to get a clue, Manny has already agreed to be tested on Floyd's terms. Thats when Floyd suddenly went silent about the fight and refuses to answer any questions regarding Manny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Here you go, it's been a year and half since he ageed...

Manny Pacquiao Agrees To 14-Day Testing Window, Says 'Mayweather Has No Reason Not To Fight Now' | BALLERSTATUS.com

Manny Pacquiao Agrees To Blood Test | The Daily Tribute

Manny Pacquiao Agrees to 14-Days (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/manny-pacquiao-agrees-to-14-days-%E2%80%93-floyd-is-cornered-again - broken link)

There's more out there, but I can't access some of the links from work right now.
If Floyd's terms are OSDT up to and including the day of the the fight, why are you posting links talking about a 14 day cutoff and then telling other people that they need to get a clue?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
Manny has beaten: Eric Morales (twice),Barrera(twice),Marquez(twice),Cotto,Rito

FLoyd has beaten: Judah and Corrales..

Both have beaten: Mosley,DLH,Hatton...But Pacquiao destroyed DLH and Hatton where Floyd had a split decision vs DLH and took 10 rounds to finally land a meaningful blow..it took manny 2..LOL

theres no denying Pacquiao's resume is clearly the better of the 2.

Floyd the "king" of the welters never fought Cotto or Rito..2 of the top 3 or 5 welters during his "reign"..thats funny...

And Pacquiao was usually the smaller guy fighting all of them..he has to move up in weight..not like Floyd making smaller guys move to fight him for the 1st time at 147..
First, I said "lately" in case you missed it. Second, as of today, Pacquiao hasn't beaten Marquez twice. His sole victory over Marquez was a split decision. Floyd beat him via unanimous decision. Both knocked out Hatton. Yes, St. Manny TKO'd a weight drained de la Hoya De la Hoya claims Pacquiao beats weight-drained foes | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features
We can play these sille games back and forth all day. The point is that for those who want to complain about Floyd's resume, those people need to also mention that lately a lot of those same names are popping up on St. Manny's resume too.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Maybe I'm just pissed because I threw away $60 last night, but I don't think Floyd will fight Pac-man after seeing what he did last night. It seems clear to me that all this guy cares about is (1) money and (2) being undefeated. He's like a student who brags about a perfect GPA without taking any of the challenging upper level courses.

I don't think he'll fight Manny. And the bad part about it is I think he could actually win. But he stands a good chance of losing that fight, and therefore, he won't fight him.
Easy to say when you're not getting BASHED in the face for 12 rounds.

Do you know what a prize fighter is? They fight for the "prize"--Big money.

What else should Floyd care about, doing a job like that? To hell with a challenge.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 PM

Only thing with that line of thinking is that there is no bigger prize out there for him than a showdown with Manny Pacquiao...and the same holds true for Manny as well.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Yes, he will fight Pacman because....of his own steriod use!!!

Lately, Floyd has been looking really buff then he has long layoffs...to repair that hand and build muscle????? I would like to see before and after pictures of Pacman AND Floyd. Pacman is obviously questioned. Floyd looks buff too which forces me to now wonder if he too has been hitting the needle.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:00 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Yes, he will fight Pacman because....of his own steriod use!!!

Lately, Floyd has been looking really buff then he has long layoffs...to repair that hand and build muscle????? I would like to see before and after pictures of Pacman AND Floyd. Pacman is obviously questioned. Floyd looks buff too which forces me to now wonder if he too has been hitting the needle.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Floyd looked much bigger this last fight. Though he did have a year and a half to pack on the muscle, you never know. His entire premise for accusing Manny of steroid usage was how quickly Manny moved up in weight classes and how thoroughly he destroyed some of his opponents, walking right through their punches.

There has been speculation about Floyd injecting illegal substances into his hands prior to fights. Can't help but wonder.

Ironically, if ANYONE ever suggested or demanded Floyd take tests that were outside the sanctioning bodies standards, he would not only refuse, but probably file a lawsuit. Hell, they can't even get him to weigh in before entering the ring.

The whole Olympic testing thing is overdone. There is NOTHING Manny or any fighter could take that would give them an advantage in that two week window leading up to the fight that couldn't be detected immediately after the fight. Floyd is playing games and Manny is just showing him that he won't be bullied in or out of the ring.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM

121 posts, read 240,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
The point is that for those who want to complain about Floyd's resume, those people need to also mention that lately a lot of those same names are popping up on St. Manny's resume too.
But the difference u fail to mention is that 2 of those (hatton,JMM) were 135/140lb fighters who had to move up to fight a bigger Mayweather..Manny was the same size and moved up for Hatton....and he destroyed HAtton compared to Floyd.

Then Floyd fought DLH..and got the split decision..Manny again was the smaller guy and moved up 2 weight classes vs DLH and made his ass quit in 6..and couldve been sooner if he wasnt so nice/classy in the ring.

See what im saying..then u toss in Cotto,Rito (which mayweather refused to fight,even though those were 2 of the top 5 guys in his weight class!! LOL)...

then add the mexican legends Morales and Barrera...come on..its easy to see whos Resume and career is more meaningful...stop being so biased just cause ur a floyd fan...i hate floyd but i can acknowledge he has tremendous talent and skill...he just doesnt showcase them vs the guys he should be to TRULY BUILD A BOXING LEGACY..yet.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:34 PM

229 posts, read 206,823 times
They will fight, they are just hyping it up and building suspense. This is the fight everyone is looking for and after it what does boxing have to look forward to in the next 5 years? Nothing substanial. So why do it when both fighters have some left in the tank and can milk it for more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing